HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
by Spooky Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:38 am

» Where the meat don't hang out...
by Ginger_Snaps Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:54 pm

» I feel Happy
by endless dark Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:49 pm

» Music Video's To Share...
by Spooky Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:43 pm

» Whats the Last CD you Bought??
by Spooky Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:30 pm

» What Game Are You Playing?
by Spooky Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:28 pm

» Random Thoughts
by Spooky Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:25 pm

» What's The Last Movie You Saw?
by endless dark Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:29 pm

» Peter Steele
by RedAngel Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:55 am

» What Are You Listening To Now?
by Tempest Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:27 pm

» Dream Thread
by Tempest Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:24 pm

» Podcasts
by Spooky Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:05 pm

» Bizarre News
by ravengrim Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:36 am

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
I feel Happy
What is everyone doing at the mo?
The funny pages
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The Official Birthday thread!
What's The Last Movie You Saw?
Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Recent Acquisitions Thread
Similar topics

Share | 

Another 'Montauk Monster' sighting on Southold beach

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7179
: : The Fallen Angel
: :
More Numbers : 4462518
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Another ''Montauk Monster'' sighting on Southold beach   Thu May 14, 2009 3:01 pm

'Montauk Monster' sighting on Southold beach

It's back.

Just in time for summer, Long Island's latest fad-slash-biological freak show once again is in all of its bloated, pallid glory.

Reports of a Montauk Monster washing up on a Southold beach are circulating after the www.montauk-monster.com blog posted pictures and video last week of what looks like a beaked, four-legged animal's carcass lying in sand--much like the pictures of the other beaked, four-legged carcass that stirred up so much controversy last summer.
Nicky Papers, 24, a culinary school student from West Islip who runs the blog, said a couple from Southold contacted him after they saw the body on the Founders Landing Park shore last Wednesday.

He and a friend drove there and saw a three-foot long animal corpse with a pointy snout and hooves lying in the surf.

"It smelled horrible," Papers said. "It's like nothing I've ever seen before. I don't think the pictures do it justice."
Papers said the couple shoved the carcass with a stick into a white garbage bag and took it away. They later told him they'd put the carcass on ice at an undisclosed Southold location, Papers said.

Attempts to contact the Southold couple were unsuccessful, and Papers said he did not want to reveal their identity without their permission.

The tale of the original Montauk Monster gripped the East End last summer as international attention seized upon the mysterious animal body that purportedly washed up on a local beach. As the tale goes, three Montauk friends found the corpse last July on Ditch Plains Beach and snapped a picture of it.
Back then, rumors centered on stories about a dumped carcass from Plum Island's testing labs. Some claimed there could be a shady back story: Perhaps the creature was planted to promote an independent movie?

Now, according to the montauk-monster.com blog, the latest Montauk Monster has been updated and has acquired new baggage suitable for 2009.

"I've thought about the possibilities that this carcass may be carrying H1N1 influenza (The Swine Flu)," Papers writes.

But he admits he is "just as baffled as anybody else."

Papers said he didn't worry about skeptics and nonbelievers. "Whether people think this is old news, there's going to be people out there who are still going to be interested in the mysteries of science," he said.

Click on the link at the top for pictures.

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Another 'Montauk Monster' sighting on Southold beach   Thu May 14, 2009 3:21 pm

'Montauk Monster' sighting on Southold beach

It's back.

Just in time for summer, Long Island's latest fad-slash-biological freak show once again is in all of its bloated, tasty, pallid glory.

Reports of a Montauk Monster washing up on a Southold beach are circulating after the http://www.marthastewart.com blog posted pictures and video last week of what looks like a beaked, four-legged roast in the oven--much like the pictures of the other beaked, four-legged roasts that stirred up so much controversy last summer.
Nicky Papers, 24, a culinary school student from West Islip who runs the blog, said a couple from Southold contacted him after they made cuts out of the muntauk on the Founders Landing Park shore last Wednesday.

He and a friend drove there and saw a three-foot long animal roast with a pointy snout and hooves lying in a broiler pan.

"It smelled decadent," Papers said. "It's like nothing I've ever seen before. I don't think the pictures do it justice."
Papers said the couple served the roast with a side of carrots in a white sauce and took it with wine. They later told him they'd put the roast on ice at an undisclosed Southold location, Papers said.

Attempts to contact the Southold couple were unsuccessful, and Papers said he did not want to reveal their identity without their permission.

The tale of the original Montauk Monster gripped the East End last summer as international attention seized upon the mysterious animal jerky that purportedly sold on a local beach. As the tale goes, three Montauk friends found the jerky last July on Ditch Plains Beach and snapped a picture of it.
Back then, rumours centred on stories about a new brand from Plum Island's testing labs. Some claimed there could be a shady back story: Perhaps the jerky was planted to promote an independent restaurant?

Now, according to the marthastewart.com blog, the latest Montauk Monster has been updated and has acquired new seasoning suitable for 2009.

"I've thought about the possibilities that this roast may be seasoned with cyan (red pepper)," Papers writes.

But he admits he is "just as baffled as anybody else."

Papers said he didn't worry about skeptics and nonbelievers. "Whether people think this is old news, there's going to be people out there who are still going to be interested in the mysteries of cooking," he said.
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
More Numbers : 4306573
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Another 'Montauk Monster' sighting on Southold beach   Thu May 14, 2009 3:24 pm

That article makes me hungry for turtle soup. tongue Seriously though its very interesting to see that not only once but twice the same bloated carcass has resurfaced in the same area. I wonder if they are doing any "alien" experiments on the previous body to see what its diet was like. I am pretty sure there are many creatures that this world has yet to discover ..since it was only since 76 that the world discovered that there was a mega mouth shark.

Last edited by Succubus on Thu May 14, 2009 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Succubus
supernova

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another 'Montauk Monster' sighting on Southold beach   Thu May 14, 2009 3:25 pm

Oh my Nsane ...I though you re posted RG's article till I actually read it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Another 'Montauk Monster' sighting on Southold beach   Thu May 14, 2009 3:27 pm

^^Yep. It made me laugh when you said it reminded you of turtle soup.
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another 'Montauk Monster' sighting on Southold beach   Thu May 14, 2009 3:29 pm

Well at least I posted in the correct location for turtle soup ..Martha Stewart Style. tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Another 'Montauk Monster' sighting on Southold beach   Thu May 14, 2009 3:38 pm

Hee hee hee. did you check the links? That's a whole different kind of Montauk
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another 'Montauk Monster' sighting on Southold beach   Thu May 14, 2009 3:39 pm

LOL that first pic reminded me of Urkel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cynfullov
star member

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
More Numbers : 4420094
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Another 'Montauk Monster' sighting on Southold beach   Thu May 14, 2009 4:17 pm

Why don't they just take tissue samples and send it off to the labs to find out what it either is or akin too. Just making sure the swab makers do wear gloves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another 'Montauk Monster' sighting on Southold beach   

Back to top Go down

Another 'Montauk Monster' sighting on Southold beach
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1