HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
by endless dark Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:14 am

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
by endless dark Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:08 am

» What's The Last Movie You Saw?
by endless dark Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:29 pm

» Peter Steele
by RedAngel Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:55 am

» Where the meat don't hang out...
by GhostRed Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:19 pm

» I feel Happy
by endless dark Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:33 pm

» What Game Are You Playing?
by Tempest Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:52 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
by Tempest Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:27 pm

» Dream Thread
by Tempest Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:24 pm

» Whats the Last CD you Bought??
by Tempest Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:18 pm

» Music Video's To Share...
by Spooky Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:18 am

» Podcasts
by Spooky Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:05 pm

» Bizarre News
by ravengrim Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:36 am

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
I feel Happy
What is everyone doing at the mo?
The funny pages
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The Official Birthday thread!
What's The Last Movie You Saw?
Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Recent Acquisitions Thread
Similar topics

Share | 
 

 And the top baby name for 2008 is.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cynfullov
star member
avatar

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: :
More Numbers : 4385956
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: And the top baby name for 2008 is.....   Sat May 09, 2009 2:08 am

Smile<[ Emma! ]

I think we have one of those around here! shock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emmature
senior member
avatar

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
Age : 33
Location : Deep in the heart of Texas (clapclapclap)
: :
More Numbers : 4100457
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: And the top baby name for 2008 is.....   Sat May 09, 2009 2:29 am

When I went in for my first round of immunizations, my mother didn't hear the nurse call my name. So the nurse went to the elderly woman in the room and shouted "EMMA!" in her ear. Mom announced that i was Emma. The nurse was perturbed, and brushed off her mistake because Emma was "an old lady name."

Tee-hee! Now that same nurse would probably name her child Emma!

But I feel like some of my specialness has been stolen. Like when a band you like gets huge. My mother wanted to give her girls smart, old names. She felt like an "Ashley" or "Tiffnie" couldn't be an intellectual. Of course I have a dear friend named Tiffnie, but that's how mom is. She bemoans that she's seeing an awful lot of de classe women naming their girls Emma. She feels that it reflects poorly on her. Silly mom!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Succubus
supernova
avatar

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
Age : 42
Location : wrapped within the veil of darkness
: :
More Numbers : 4272435
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: And the top baby name for 2008 is.....   Sat May 09, 2009 8:52 am

Hahahahhah Your post Emma reminded me of the time my mother told me that she was going to name me "Jennifer Star" Oh yes my mom was all Hippie. Laughing Thank the gods that I was given her first name instead as a middle name . I just could not imagine having the middle name Star. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: And the top baby name for 2008 is.....   Sat May 09, 2009 1:11 pm

^^^You almost got shafted, and I DID get shafted...

I guess it just goes to show how red-neck my mom is. She named me Cassie Jo zombie
She liked the sound of Cassandra but thought it was too long for a kid to have (obviously, I was supposed to die in childhood I guess). And as for Jo.... ITS A FREAKIN BOYS NAME!!!!!
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
avatar

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5374
Age : 39
Location : CT/NC: Josephine on my mind
: :
More Numbers : 4154959
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: And the top baby name for 2008 is.....   Thu May 28, 2009 10:27 am

Succubus wrote:
Hahahahhah Your post Emma reminded me of the time my mother told me that she was going to name me "Jennifer Star" Oh yes my mom was all Hippie. Laughing Thank the gods that I was given her first name instead as a middle name . I just could not imagine having the middle name Star. Shocked

Yep, my mom was a hippie too! I was almost named Starr. Or Sunshine, or Bambi. Shocked (I know I posted about that before, but here we're actually talking about names.)


nsanelilmunky wrote:
^^^You almost got shafted, and I DID get shafted...

I guess it just goes to show how red-neck my mom is. She named me Cassie Jo zombie
She liked the sound of Cassandra but thought it was too long for a kid to have (obviously, I was supposed to die in childhood I guess). And as for Jo.... ITS A FREAKIN BOYS NAME!!!!!

You could always go by CJ. Wink Cassie is nice, and I've always thought of Jo as being for a boy or girl. My mom's name is Jody (Joanne), and my grandma's name is Josephine (Americanized from Giuseppina, which is really a girl version of "Joe" anyway), so they go by "Jo" at times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Succubus
supernova
avatar

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
Age : 42
Location : wrapped within the veil of darkness
: :
More Numbers : 4272435
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: And the top baby name for 2008 is.....   Thu May 28, 2009 10:40 am

RedAngel wrote:
Succubus wrote:
Hahahahhah Your post Emma reminded me of the time my mother told me that she was going to name me "Jennifer Star" Oh yes my mom was all Hippie. Laughing Thank the gods that I was given her first name instead as a middle name . I just could not imagine having the middle name Star. Shocked

Yep, my mom was a hippie too! I was almost named Starr. Or Sunshine, or Bambi. Shocked (I know I posted about that before, but here we're actually talking about names.)



I can actually see you named Bambi RedAngel. Wink
I was named after my grandmother well the variation of her name (Gwen real name "Guinevere" ) and my mother two very strong women who through the past and present has beat the odds and were/are great women in my life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: And the top baby name for 2008 is.....   

Back to top Go down
 
And the top baby name for 2008 is.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» My Baby Sitter's a Vampire Pick'N'Play(Finished)
» Memories [Baby Pictures]
» Luna the Baby Kitten [DONE]
» ulzzang baby
» You haven't seen anything yet.....(Pick-and-play)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Lifestyle-
Jump to: