HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
by endless dark Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:21 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
by endless dark Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:40 pm

» I feel Happy
by WrappedinReflection Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:23 pm

» Bizarre News
by endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
by Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
by Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
by Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
by GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
by Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» Things you want to learn!
by Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:12 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
by ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

» Current Reads
by ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:01 pm

» Dream Thread
by endless dark Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:57 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Random Thoughts
What is everyone doing at the mo?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
I feel Happy
The funny pages
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The Official Birthday thread!
What's The Last Movie You Saw?
Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Recent Acquisitions Thread
Similar topics

Share | 

For sale on Loch Ness: Aleister Crowley's centre of dark sorcery

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: :
More Numbers : 4782900
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: For sale on Loch Ness: Aleister Crowley's centre of dark sorcery   Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Plot once owned by satanist Aleister Crowley 'perfect for a holiday cottage'

A plot of land once owned by the self-proclaimed "most wicked man in the world" has been put up for sale, attracting interest from rock stars, developers and disciples of the dark arts.

Boleskine Bay, on Loch Ness at Foyers, was part of an estate renowned at the start of the 20th century as "a centre of black magic, evil and sorcery" under the ownership and influence of satanist Aleister Crowley.

The "Beast of Boleskine", who died in 1947, owned Boleskine Estate between 1899 and 1913, during which time he tried to smother the Highlands in black magic by coaxing out the forces of evil.

The estate, once the home of millionaire rock star Jimmy Page, has been linked to a number of incidents over the years, including at least two violent deaths.

As well as black magic rituals to invoke the four princes of evil, Crowley and his devil-worshipping followers used the estate to make talismans and offered animal sacrifices to Satan.

"The demons and evil forces had congregated round me so thickly that they were shutting off the light. It was a comforting situation. There could be no more doubt of the efficiency of the operation," Crowley wrote of his experiments at the estate.

Now, a 1.9-acre plot on the former estate has been put on the market for £176,000 with planning permission for a three-bedroom log house, and 140ft of the Loch Ness foreshore.

"There's been a great deal of interest in the plot because of the Crowley connection. We've had various enquiries from all over the place. People do tend to be interested in things that are sinister, but we've also had enquiries from people who just want a base in the Highlands with some nice views over Loch Ness," said Kevin Maley, of Inverness agents Strutt and Parker.

"The house and plot are owned by different people. The plot has been in the same family for the last 40 years, but the owner has decided it's time to go. It's an unusual one in that it's being sold with planning permission for a log cabin in the middle of nowhere, but it would make a perfect holiday cottage," he said.

The estate agents' brochure claims the area is perfect for fishing, shooting and hunting, an activity also favoured by Crowley, who took his pack of bloodhounds on manhunts across the estate.

Crowley and his disciples used drugs, sex and blood sacrifices of goats and cats during debauched rituals. The black magician also took pleasure in the suffering that his sinister practices apparently brought to local villagers. He bragged about how an employee of the Boleskine estate got drunk one night - after 20 years of abstinence - and attempted to kill his wife and children.

The family of Crowley's lodge keeper, Hugh Gillies, also suffered a series of tragedies. First his 10-year-old daughter died suddenly at her school desk and a year later his 15-month-old son died of convulsions on his mother's knee.

Such is the reputation of the white-stoned home of sorcery that during his three years in residence, at the beginning of the 20th century, the villagers of Foyers avoided the estate at all costs.

Although Crowley died penniless in 1947, the years have not erased the memories of his association with the Scottish Highlands home. Visitors to the estate have reported seeing lights flashing on and off by themselves, windows shattering and a chair which belonged to Crowley moving on its own.

In 1960 the then owner of the house, Major Edward Grant, shot himself in the bedroom which had been used by Crowley for some of his satanic rituals.

Jimmy Page, in a 1975 interview, said: "The estate was owned by Aleister Crowley but there were two or three owners before Crowley moved into it. On the site of the house there was also once a church that burned to the ground with the congregation inside."

He said: "Strange things have happened in that house which have nothing to do with Crowley. The bad vibes were already there."

You know weird things don't bother me,but the history connected with that place would make me less than eager to buy it even if I could afford to.

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cynfullov
star member

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
More Numbers : 4740466
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: For sale on Loch Ness: Aleister Crowley's centre of dark sorcery   Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:48 pm

I bet it would more than pay for itself though by way of a tourist attraction, private parties and so on. I wonder too if you can see the house from the location of the plot of land that their selling off?

I remember seeing pictures of the house in the books I had of Aleister when I was very young. Here I've found this so you all can see a little of the estate and the outside of the house! Boleskine House It even has it's own graveyard!

I do think it's something that whoever buys it is allowed to put up a 3 bedroom log home on the property. I would think you would be allowed to put up any kind of home you wanted if you bought that plot of land, but maybe that's just a restriction in the contract to buy it. This might be of some interest too. I imagine since the 30th of April is soon to be here, there will be a pilgrimage of sorts out to the place again.

Last edited by cynfullov on Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
More Numbers : 4774209

PostSubject: Re: For sale on Loch Ness: Aleister Crowley's centre of dark sorcery   Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:02 pm

It's gorgeous! Cool I have been to the area many years ago and it is the perfect setting. If I could afford to buy more than a cardboard box at the moment then I'd snap it up

I would imagine that planning laws have a lot to do with the proposed building. It would have to fit in totally with the surroundings and planning departments in the UK tend to be rather strict with what people are allowed to build.

Well, the Devil he taught us how to rock and then he turned us loose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Succubus
supernova

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
More Numbers : 4626945
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: For sale on Loch Ness: Aleister Crowley's centre of dark sorcery   Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:39 pm

I want to BUY it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is the million dollar jack pot lottery when I need it the most? I could walk in my own graveyard late at night and scare the locals . naughty
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: For sale on Loch Ness: Aleister Crowley's centre of dark sorcery   Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:44 pm

Succubus wrote:
I want to BUY it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is the million dollar jack pot lottery when I need it the most? I could walk in my own graveyard late at night and scare the locals . naughty

Time share hun? Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Succubus
supernova

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: For sale on Loch Ness: Aleister Crowley's centre of dark sorcery   Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:46 pm

helen damnation wrote:
Succubus wrote:

Time share hun? Laughing

Sure ,and maybe a week together to do some wickedness? naughty naughty Two heads are better then one when coming up with so much wickedly fun. Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: For sale on Loch Ness: Aleister Crowley's centre of dark sorcery   Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:48 pm

I think there would be many JD empties for recycling and much wickedness! Hell we could outwicked Crowley! Wink hug

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Succubus
supernova

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: For sale on Loch Ness: Aleister Crowley's centre of dark sorcery   Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:49 pm

hahhahahhahah two intoxicated women on JD ....that would give Crowly a run for his money. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDarkHippie

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 1101
More Numbers : 4443027
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: For sale on Loch Ness: Aleister Crowley's centre of dark sorcery   Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:25 pm

What gorgeous property!!!! Even though I would love to have it, I must agree with RavenGrim.....I wouldn't want to live in a place with such a bad history, but It would do great as a tourist attraction!!! grin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/joanestabrook#/profile.php?id=757050283&
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For sale on Loch Ness: Aleister Crowley's centre of dark sorcery   

Back to top Go down

For sale on Loch Ness: Aleister Crowley's centre of dark sorcery
Page 1 of 1