HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
by endless dark Wed May 16, 2018 4:33 pm

» I feel Happy
by endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
by Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
by endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
by Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
by Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
by Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
by GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
by Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» Things you want to learn!
by Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:12 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
by ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

» Current Reads
by ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:01 pm

» Dream Thread
by endless dark Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:57 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Random Thoughts
What is everyone doing at the mo?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
I feel Happy
The funny pages
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The Official Birthday thread!
What's The Last Movie You Saw?
Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Recent Acquisitions Thread
Similar topics

Share | 

World Events That Are Happening In Your Area..!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: :
More Numbers : 4886654
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: World Events That Are Happening In Your Area..!   Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:01 pm

On behalf of Evolution666....

Tell us all about live events in your area...

E.G Gigs/Clubs/Historic Events and Festivals which people may be interested in.

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: World Events That Are Happening In Your Area..!   Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:48 pm

Misery of Sound - Blackpool, UK.

Playing all sorts of sub-genres, like Batcave, Goth, Deathrock, Horropunk, Post-Punk and Psychobilly.

Starts 15th August.

~~~~

There are a few more Misery of Sound events taking place as well...

Screams of Cold Winter: http://www.myspace.com/screamsofcoldwinter (listen there!)

https://2img.net/h/i57.photobucket.com/albums/g222/spikemc_2006/ScreamsofposterblackpoolAug.jpg

~~~~

Misery of Sound and Thirteen 13 presents....

The Last Dance

https://2img.net/h/i57.photobucket.com/albums/g222/spikemc_2006/MOS-TLDOctober17th08MOSposter.jpg

Anyone fancy coming with me? Dont wana go on my own
Neutral

Last edited by Vampira132 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 4797403
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: World Events That Are Happening In Your Area..!   Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:13 pm

Geez, I live in a podunck area so there is hardly ever anything that goes on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
More Numbers : 4899757

PostSubject: Re: World Events That Are Happening In Your Area..!   Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:31 pm

Blackest Of The Black Tour Dates

Some are in Florida in October!

@themorrigan1972

Last edited by ravengrim on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: World Events That Are Happening In Your Area..!   Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:39 pm

^^ You better go or you'll regret it missy, im telling you!

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!!

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: World Events That Are Happening In Your Area..!   Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:45 pm

I am,no matter what!
I can take unpaid vacation days if I have to.
I'm going!

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: World Events That Are Happening In Your Area..!   Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:49 pm

Awesome Raven!! headbang You see Dimmu Borgir before me sad or frown Never mind but get loads of pictures of Shagrath for me grin
But seriously enjoy it hun!! I know you will, you'll be drooling alover Danzig Wink

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: World Events That Are Happening In Your Area..!   Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:03 pm

Yes,it will be great for me.
I don't imagine that Dan will have half as much fun as I will though! band

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: World Events That Are Happening In Your Area..!   Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:04 pm

^^ You can always return the favour in other ways Wink

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: World Events That Are Happening In Your Area..!   Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:43 pm

shock Wink I'm sure that won't be a problem!

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: World Events That Are Happening In Your Area..!   Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:51 am

I'm thinking that Vampira is the only one close enough to attend either of these.

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: World Events That Are Happening In Your Area..!   Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:10 pm

Easter Zombie Walk Controversy in Boston

The Boston Zombie Uprising have scheduled their upcoming zombie walk for Easter Sunday, April 12, 2009

Zombie march to parade undead on Easter Sunday
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Somerville — Every year hoards of the undead in Somerville and Cambridge and hiss and moan their way through public streets in a fun march. The problem is that Zombie Outbreak 2009 has been scheduled to coincide with the day Christians celebrate Jesus’ resurrection.

But there is nothing heavenly about the blood-dripping, brain-hungry zombies’ march. On April 12, as parishioners leave Mass, another kind of mass will lurch to Harvard Square from Davis Square at noon, according to event fliers and a Facebook event page. One of their fliers even advertise the event as “Celebrate the Resurrection: Easter Zombie Walk”.

That’s uncool and might hurt religious sentiments, say some on the Facebook page, urging the organizers to change the date. Others threaten not to take part in the annual trolling if it’s on Easter.

“Any other day and I’d do it. I’m not even a Christian, but the thought of walking past multiple churches as a zombie on Easter Sunday just doesn’t feel right,” Brian Rust wrote on the Facebook page.

Gene Atwood responded saying, “I barely know what Easter is, besides some type of rabbit and magical rabbit egg holiday. I don't think there are really any mean-spirited intentions involved in this, this isn't some kind of weird anti-Christian march, just a bunch of people having fun!”

One of the organizers, Glenn Liddell, said the date was picked with the mythology of the holiday in mind. He reminds people that Easter has been celebrated as a celebration of spring long before the Christian appropriation of the holy day.

“We remain aware that some may find it offensive that their group’s holy day mythology overlaps with horror aficionado’s ‘Zombie’ archetype, and that we are using a pop-cultural reference that ties in with their religious beliefs,” Liddell wrote in an email to the Journal today. “However, we are not attempting to offend any religious groups, and there are no anti-Christian sentiments involved in the event. We whole-heartedly support freedom of religion and speech across the board, and seek only to co-exist and have a good time.”

While the zombie march has never gone without its fair share of protesters, local religious leaders seem far more accepting.

Pastor Victor Scalise from the Somerville Community Baptist Church near Davis Square said he doesn’t think it should be a problem, citing the fundamental right to free expression.

“In America we have a right to do what we want,” he said. “As an American Baptist pastor, one of the fundamental tenets of our faith is religious freedom. People can choose whatever they want to do on Easter Sunday but we will celebrate Easter and rejoice in the season.”

The Harvard-Epworth United Methodist Church will have two Masses on Easter Sunday at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Pastor Scott Campbell, who has seen the zombies march by the Harvard Square church in previous years, guesses it will not coincide with one of them but is not too concerned either.

“I think the timing is a little insensitive but I don’t think the world is going to end as a result,” he said. “There are a lot of things to be concerned about these days, (the zombie march) would be way down on my list.”

Two years ago, the event took place in Somerville and Cambridge on Saturday, May 12 and a counter-protest of the living followed the zombies in Davis Square. (last year's event was held in South Station, Boston). Carrying signs bearing anti-zombie slogans like “It’s Adam and Eve not Adam and Arrrgh” and “Brains are for thinking, not for eating,” a small group jokingly tried to keep the zombies back.

Some were so passionate about zombies and their rights to march that they came dressed as members of Somerville’s Zombie Task Force. “The Zombie Task Force refuses to represent you if you eat people’s brains… unless they authorize you,” a task force member warned a zombie that was getting too close to protesters in 2008.

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cynfullov
star member

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
More Numbers : 4857323
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: World Events That Are Happening In Your Area..!   Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:25 pm

I think it would have been better if they hadn't scheduled it the same time as church services. It's a long practiced tradition for those that never cross thru the church doors any other day to show up either on christmas or easter. *I just think there will be a lot of Zombies not able to go join in the walk because of this. They should have held it at least later in the day.

That would have also been a great opportunity for all the lil' zombie to walk off the sugar high from gorging on easter candy. My opinion, insensitive would be if Zombie Jesus were to attend, that might be a little awkard there.

* This part includes regularly church attending Zombies too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
More Numbers : 4571824
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: World Events That Are Happening In Your Area..!   Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:37 pm

^^On a related subject, filming of The Zombie Christ is wrapping tomorrow here in lame ol' Denton, Texas. zombie

I'll tell you if (hopefully when) it debuts nationwide!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: World Events That Are Happening In Your Area..!   Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:05 pm

The neuropsychology of zombies

Braaaains! Including the mediation of subcortical fear by the anterior cingulate gyrus! On Monday night, Science on the Screen at the Coolidge Corner Theatre will sponsor a showing of the classic zombie film "Night of the Living Dead," preceded by a talk by Dr. Steven Schlozman -- zombie enthusiast and assistant professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.

George Romero, the man behind "Night of the Living Dead," may not be a neuroscientist, but he and the zombie-auteurs who followed him have an uncanny understanding of the brain works, according to Schlozman. The first part is fairly intuitive. Zombies are humans whose own brains have regressed to the level of a crocodile's, the filters between primal urges and action entirely erased. (See flesh, eat flesh.) In contrast, the protagonists in zombie films, the survivors, retain the brain functions that tamp down primal reactions before passing them on to the higher cortical regions. They think before they act -- at first.

And that's the crux of one of Schlozman's arguments: The story changes as the situation grows grimmer. Here, the professor draws on "mirror neuron" theory, which holds that humans are hard-wired to reflect the psychological states of the people around them. (Show a test subject a short film of a face displaying disgust, or pleasure, and regions of the brain associated with those feelings activate in the subject.)

Unable to relate to the hordes of undead, the survivors in zombie films enter a spiral of despair, feeding off the panic and hopelessness of the uninfected people around them. At the bottom of the spiral comes a crucial psychological moment, Schlozman tells Brainiac, one that you'll find in most zombie flicks:

The protagonists rush out of whatever symbolic structure they happen to be walled up in (churches, malls, etc) and rather than letting the Zombies simply devour them, they try to kill as many Zombies as they can even though they know it's useless! They fully expect to die.
Since not even Romero has a bleak enough vision to annihilate all of his characters*, the psychological bottoming-out is followed by a shameful reawakening.

Schlozman will present the fully-fleshed-out version of his zombie spiel at 7 p.m., at the independent Brookline theater.

Kind of makes me wish I were in the Boston area for this one.

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Events That Are Happening In Your Area..!   

Back to top Go down

World Events That Are Happening In Your Area..!
Page 1 of 1