HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Wow!What is going on with Chuck Norris?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7189
: : The Fallen Angel
: :
More Numbers : 4580694
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Wow!What is going on with Chuck Norris?   Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:52 pm

Chuck Norris for president … of Texas

Actor Chuck Norris has his eyes on the presidency, but not the White House. Norris wrote that he would be interested in becoming the president of Texas, if the state were ever to secede from the Union.

“I may run for president of Texas,” Norris wrote Monday in a column posted at WorldNetDaily. “That need may be a reality sooner than we think. If not me, someone someday may again be running for president of the Lone Star state, if the state of the union continues to turn into the enemy of the state.”

The actor claimed “thousands of cell groups will be united around the country in solidarity over the concerns for our nation” and said that if states decide to secede from the union, that Texas would lead the way.

“Anyone who has been around Texas for any length of time knows exactly what we'd do if the going got rough in America,” Norris wrote.

“Let there be no doubt about that.” Norris was a strong supporter of Mike Huckabee’s presidential bid, and he helped to draw attention to the former Arkansas governor’s campaign.

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedAngel
star member

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
More Numbers : 4307279
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Wow!What is going on with Chuck Norris?   Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:01 pm

What......The......$#%& ??????
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Succubus
supernova

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
More Numbers : 4424743
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Wow!What is going on with Chuck Norris?   Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:06 pm

RedAngel wrote:
What......The......$#%& ??????

My exact same thought. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
More Numbers : 4252765
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Wow!What is going on with Chuck Norris?   Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:17 pm

People... look at the calendar.

I convinced 5 friends that I was dumping my boyfriend to take the abuser back. Said boyfriend, Phil has convinced an entire internet forum and half his facebook frineds that he's leaving forever because he's amish and is done with his year out in the world.

But seriously, there are some secessionist movements in Texas. They're mostly drunk rednecks who are afraid the government will take their guns away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Wow!What is going on with Chuck Norris?   Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:22 pm

Emmature wrote:
People... look at the calendar.

I convinced 5 friends that I was dumping my boyfriend to take the abuser back. Said boyfriend, Phil has convinced an entire internet forum and half his facebook frineds that he's leaving forever because he's amish and is done with his year out in the world.

But seriously, there are some secessionist movements in Texas. They're mostly drunk rednecks who are afraid the government will take their guns away.

Psst,if you click on the link you'll see that I have absolutly no sense of humor.
Look at the date this story was posted.

March 12, 2009
Chuck Norris for president … of Texas

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emmature

Virgo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Wow!What is going on with Chuck Norris?   Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:30 pm

Oookay. I retreat in shame like the secessionist in my hometown who built a makeshift fortress around his trailer and flies confederate flags from the turrents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cynfullov
star member

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
More Numbers : 4538264
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Wow!What is going on with Chuck Norris?   Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:43 pm

I'm more stunned and shocked over talk of any state having any thoughts to secede from the "union" than Chuck running for president if it were even fathomable that it would happen. Poor Chuck. I know nothing of him personally, so he could be Embarassed, but he gets made fun of so much in the media it's sad. He sure knows his martial arts though.

This is terrible. Just the thought of it. War again within our own country. Your basically crap as a nation when talk like this starts going around. What has happened to us.

HUH?^^ I was sending my post and read what you all had just posted and I'm so lost now. So I'm sending my post as it was. So was this ment as a joke then? Why does the date have anything to do with it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
endless dark
admin

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6451
: : Fearless Leader
More Numbers : 4575155

PostSubject: Re: Wow!What is going on with Chuck Norris?   Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:46 pm

Its not really that sad, he has fun with it and I dont think anyones "making fun" of him as much as talking about how tough he is...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.darkrealm13.com
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Wow!What is going on with Chuck Norris?   Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:03 pm

cynfullov wrote:
I'm more stunned and shocked over talk of any state having any thoughts to secede from the "union" than Chuck running for president if it were even fathomable that it would happen. Poor Chuck. I know nothing of him personally, so he could be Embarassed, but he gets made fun of so much in the media it's sad. He sure knows his martial arts though.

This is terrible. Just the thought of it. War again within our own country. Your basically crap as a nation when talk like this starts going around. What has happened to us.

HUH?^^ I was sending my post and read what you all had just posted and I'm so lost now. So I'm sending my post as it was. So was this ment as a joke then? Why does the date have anything to do with it?

No cyn no joke,that's why I mentioned the date.The date that story went to press wasn't April 1 so it's not an April Folls joke.

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emmature

Virgo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Wow!What is going on with Chuck Norris?   Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:39 am

It is true, though. There are Texans who do want to secceed. My first boyfriend's family was opposed, but they lived near the afforementioned fortress, so they always had plenty of water and toilet paper on hand just in case they got cut off from the outside world in the ensuing battles.

I always *facepalm* over stories like this. I swear, I live in a cosmopolitan, sane state! tantrum

But yeah, the biggest seccesionist group (or at least the one we talked about when I was young) is called "Take Back Texas." Since then some more liberal groups have co-opted the name, "Taking Back Texas" is a group that strives to take Texas back from the taker-backers. Google Take Back Texas and enter a world of cranky blogs.

My hometown, Wimberley, didn't incorporate (legally become a city, with a government and stoplight and stuff) until I was in my early teens. Two years later there was a campaign called "Take Back Wimberley" that actually got a proposal on the ballot to disband the new local government. In a subsequent election, we had to vote on it AGAIN because these people kept going.

The principals are Libertarian and Jingoistic. Less government is better, but if we must be governed, keep it minimal and keep it Texan because we are of course superior to all other people cowboy

Did I mention *facepalm*?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4538
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 4478336
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Wow!What is going on with Chuck Norris?   Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:02 am

When I first heard about this, I was not surprised that Chuck would be a part of a secession party.

PostSubject: Re: Wow!What is going on with Chuck Norris?   Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:23 pm

In seceding Texas, Chuck norris still owns Chuck Norris!

anyway....

I don't know why Texas would have such a problem. Their votes at least count for something in the elections. Here in the midwest, we're just an after thought. If the people around here weren't so conservative (aka White Houses is Godness! ...Bring backs the Bush![GAG]) I'd bet we'd be the first ones to secede. Hell, Nebraska already has it's own foreign policy (we've been doing trade with Cuba and Japan for years now), why not just be independent?
Back to top Go down
Emmature

Virgo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Wow!What is going on with Chuck Norris?   Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:18 pm

More Texas seccessionism: this time the governor is on board. Seriously- when I heard his speech yesterday i just about barfed. He can apologize all he wants, I'm not buying it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090416/ap_on_re_us/perry_secession;_ylt=Atj7biXf7VK0U5VtCfAMR15G2ocA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky
vip member

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
More Numbers : 4468178
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Wow!What is going on with Chuck Norris?   Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:00 am

How have no Chuck Norris facts been stated yet?

A man once stabbed Chuck Norris in an alley, two days later.... the knife bled to death.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fetishfactory.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow!What is going on with Chuck Norris?   

Back to top Go down

Wow!What is going on with Chuck Norris?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Politics & World Events-
Jump to: