HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
by endless dark Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:18 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
by Vampira132 Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:52 am

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
by Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
by Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
by Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
by GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
by Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» Things you want to learn!
by Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:12 am

» I feel Happy
by endless dark Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:12 pm

» What Are You Currently Watching?
by ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

» Current Reads
by ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:01 pm

» Dream Thread
by endless dark Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:57 pm

» ^*^ Happy Halloween ^*^
by GhostRed Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:40 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Random Thoughts
What is everyone doing at the mo?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
I feel Happy
The funny pages
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The Official Birthday thread!
What's The Last Movie You Saw?
Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Recent Acquisitions Thread
Similar topics

Share | 

Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: :
More Numbers : 4613523
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View   Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:12 am

Experts have been called in to examine the Google ghoul filmed at a former Victorian docklands which has a dark and sinister past.

The woman dressed in long skirt, crisp blouse, bow tie, blue boater hat and scarf appears to be shimmering above the pavement.

The water sculpture seen in the picture is used as the gateway to enter the fictional world of Dr Who spin-off Torchwood.

Local medium Jane Cohen, 39, said: "Apparitions have often been caught on film but are invisible to the naked eye. "This woman is very smart - but she is dressed in clothes that you just don't see these days unless it's in a period drama on TV.

"But what is really strange is that she doesn't appear as a full figure - you can't see all of her."

The old docklands has been redeveloped with a theatre, waterside restaurants and plush apartments.

But local historians say the woman was filmed in the heart of the notorious Tiger Bay - once the busiest sea port in the world.

The image was filmed last June as the Google cameras filmed the streets and landmarks of the Welsh capital.

The Google cameras have also captured a spooky ET alien figure in New Jersey, United States.

Until today I had no idea that Google earth had caught anything unusual on film.

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
endless dark
admin

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6457
: : Fearless Leader
More Numbers : 4607986

PostSubject: Re: Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View   Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:23 am

oh yes, really creepy "ghost" Very Happy

that was either added later or some kind of camera/angle type thing... I think it would be kind of cool, in a funny way if gogle did add it later, a "google earth easteregg".
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.darkrealm13.com
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View   Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:40 am

ET tracked down on Google Street View

Here's the E.T. one

A misty shape, bearing a distinct similarity to the movie alien, was captured behind a bush next to a mysterious beam of light.

The spooky snap was caught by Google image cameras in the town of Berkeley Heights in New Jersey.

The 'ET' alien was photographed on Diamond Hill Road, a semi-rural location about eight miles from Morristown Municipal Airport, New Jersey and 30 miles from the bright lights of New York City.

Malcolm Robinson, head of the Strange Phenomena Investigations, described the image as "the first of its kind".

He said: "On close inspection the similarities with ET are obvious but it's hard to say with any certainty what exactly it is

"Of added interest is the strange beam of light to the right, which I cannot explain either.

"This picture is the first of it's kind, as far as I'm aware, in that its been captured on Google's new Street View technology.

"However, because it was captured by Google it would appear that there aren't any witnesses to back up what was photographed, which is frustrating.

"Without further details to go on I'm really stumped. We'd all love it to be alien, but that's a big assumption."

Nick Sawyer, one of many web-users to have spotted the alien-like creature, added: "Whatever it is, you cannot deny that it looks exactly like ET.

"The head is an oblong shape and it seems to have the same long neck and fat body.

"There is also a beam of light right next to him, who knows, that might be an unseen spaceship trying to make contact.

"In all seriousness, however, I'm mystified at what it is. The area is not far from an airport and UFOs have been reported to take an interest in our own aviation technology.

"New York City is only an hour's drive as well so you never know, he might be eyeing up a trip to the Big Apple."

Technical experts are also in a muddle over what the image could be, although one told an online chatroom: "When the light shines directly at and between two of the lenses, the software compiling the images together may end up putting up a slicing white laser.

"But I cannot be sure one hundred per cent."

Three months ago, police in nearby Morris County, New Jersey, were alerted to a series of unidentified flying objects hovering over the area.

Dozens of residents watched on in awe as five flickering red lights moved gently across the night's sky.

Local resident Paul Hurley, a pilot who works at Morristown Airport, said: "I've been in the aviation industry about 20 years, so I knew they weren't airplanes".

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cynfullov
star member

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
More Numbers : 4571089
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View   Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:50 am

That ghost one is disapointing. Here I was expecting to actually see something. That pictures been distorted and messed with at the bottom. You can see the lower half of the figure and the shadow, even the feet. sad or frown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View   Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:53 am

Yep,the E.T. one is even worse.I do find it weird that all these things have just popped up suddenly now with in a few days of each other.
Makes you wonder what Google earth is up to really.I think that it would be kind of funny if they were just google earth easter eggs like endless suggested.

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
endless dark
admin

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6457
: : Fearless Leader
More Numbers : 4607986

PostSubject: Re: Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View   Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:55 am

ravengrim wrote:
ET tracked down on Google Street View

Here's the E.T. one
[/color]

Ok, those have to be easter eggs, googles way of having a little fun... I wonder how many they've hidden wtf

(not to mention april fools day and easter are right around the corner)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.darkrealm13.com
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
More Numbers : 4600420

PostSubject: Re: Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View   Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:18 pm

ravengrim wrote:

The woman dressed in long skirt, crisp blouse, bow tie, blue boater hat and scarf appears to be shimmering above the pavement.

Local medium Jane Cohen, 39, said: "Apparitions have often been caught on film but are invisible to the naked eye. "This woman is very smart - but she is dressed in clothes that you just don't see these days unless it's in a period drama on TV.

It was me grin

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
More Numbers : 4606137

PostSubject: Re: Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View   Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:42 pm

Of course it was my dear hahaah

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4540
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 4511164
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View   Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:11 pm

Looks like Mary Poppins. It may just be someone moving rapidly.

helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
More Numbers : 4604832

PostSubject: Re: Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View   Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:03 pm

Vampira132 wrote:
ravengrim wrote:

It was me grin

Erm I dont think so duckie. You are head and shoulders above that lady in looks and style!

Well, the Devil he taught us how to rock and then he turned us loose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
More Numbers : 4600420

PostSubject: Re: Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View   Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:06 pm

^^ I know, I was more on about the description than the photo of that lady who looks nothing like a Victorian.

star member

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
More Numbers : 4506502
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View   Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:08 pm

What's wrong with the bottom of the photo in the article?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4540
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 4511164
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View   Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:09 pm

Morwenna wrote:
What's wrong with the bottom of the photo in the article?

Looks like a camera glitch.

ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View   Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:04 pm

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View   Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:58 pm

Google’s ghostly ‘Mary Poppins’ mystery solved

THE mystery surrounding a sighting of Mary Poppins in Cardiff Bay has been solved – she was planted there by internet giant Google.

The Echo yesterday revealed how the picture of everyone’s favourite nanny was discovered on Google Street View, the new service allowing users to access 360-degree views of roads and homes in 25 British towns and cities, including Cardiff, Barry and Penarth.

Dressed to the nines and crossing a busy road outside the Wales Millennium Centre, the Disney character was captured by the Google street car which was traversing the capital’s streets last June.

No-one could explain why she was there – some suggestions even included that she could have been a ghost.

But today we can reveal that she is just one of a number of fictional characters that Google chiefs decided to cheekily place in the new map.

And while they chose Cardiff for Mary Poppins, Paddington Bear can be spotted on London’s fashionable Portobello Road, Sherlock Holmes has been caught in Oxford, and the Beefeater has been indulging in a spot of shopping at the Birmingham branch of Selfridges.

Google’s Laura Scott told the Echo: “The mystery has been revealed.

“We dressed up a real person in a Mary Poppins costume and she was photographed by the car as it went past.

“We’re always looking for fun stuff to include in our products – and well done for spotting her.”

Google Street View was launched last week and covers 23 other cities, including London, Belfast, Southampton, Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester and Oxford.

Google eventually plans to have the whole of the UK covered by its 360-degree imaging.

Sophisticated technology has been developed to automatically obscure the faces of people featured in Street View photographs, and car registration plates have been blurred.

But this has failed to quieten some critics, with many labelling the maps voyeuristic and intrusive.

Campaigners Privacy International have lodged a formal complaint with the Information Commissioner after claims that a number of people are identifiable through the Street View service.

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cynfullov
star member

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
More Numbers : 4571089
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View   Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:21 pm

Not only would and are people identifiable through this service, but it seems that Street View are and would be able to put your image somewhere else in a location ... where you are are not! Isn't that sort of a scary thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Victorian 'ghost' picked up by Google Street View   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1