HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4544
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: :
More Numbers : 4449362
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:00 pm

After his four applications for parole were denied, Varg Vikernes (aka Count Grishnackh) of Norwegian Black Metal pioneers BURZUM was told he will finally be released from prison after 16 years of incarceration.

Vikerenes was serving a 23-year sentence for the murder of Oystein Aarseth (aka Euronymous), guitarist of MAYHEM and owner of Deathlike Silence Productions record label that BURZUM was signed to. Varg was also convicted for setting fire to three churches.

Varg says that he is "...ready for society..." and has been for many years. He told Dagbladet newspaper, "I have learned from my mistakes and become older. Now I just want to be together with my family... I have barely seen my [18-month old] son since he came into the world. Even though I hear his voice on the phone almost every day, it is very tough to not be present while he is growing up." Varg regularly left the prison for the past couple of years to visit his mother, wife, 16-year-old daughter and young son in Tromso, Norway, the town where the prison is located.

While some, like the Justice Ministry, fear that he will not be able to adjust to life on the outside, Vikerenes said, "I look forward [to] the day that I could work on my farm, create music, write books and be with my family around the clock---and live a normal life." When asked by VG newspaper about if a "normal life" involves communication with Neo-Nazi groups he formerly endorsed, Vikernes said he "...[has not] been in contact with them for a long time."

Varg may have been paroled earlier, but was denied the second time he applied because the Justice Ministry claimed he escaped prison in 2003.

Varg will join his family in Bo, Norway, where he recently purchased a farm.

star member

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
More Numbers : 4348998
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:24 pm

What do you think, Vampira? Should Varg be free?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
La Diva Carlotta
supernova

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7857
More Numbers : 4361131
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Ugh...this nut job. Rolling Eyes So, is he done with the Neo-Nazi groups? Do you think he'll be making music again anytime soon?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:54 pm

I think one of the main things Varg will do is make music again and will probably make a biography of his life so far -- Anything to be heard.

As far as letting him go... Hmmm... I'm really not sure, I suppose he has the right to go since he has served his time. What worry's me is that when Varg commited his crimes he was very young and like almost all upgrowing kids stood up to the world arround him. His fans of that time are grown up by now.

He made mistakes, is doing time for it and spend the best years of his life in jail. When he's free and acting normal like the most of us, FINE if not and he act's like a black metal Nazi then he will be back in jail soon enough.

supernova

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:09 pm

^^I agree. I'm all for letting a guy move on with his life after completing their prison sentence. I'm just concerned about the heinous nature of his crimes, and all the craziness and stupidity he's been involved with since. I hope he's got his life straightened out now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky
vip member

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1419
More Numbers : 4350005

PostSubject: Re: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:38 pm

The entire last two years of Mayhem, was exactly that. Every member of the band, and every band connected to them, were kooky. The book Lords Of Chaos, is probably the most in depth look at black metal and these groups that started the scene in its' whirlpool of arson, suicide, terrorism, cannibalism and murder. The book should be read by anyone who is remotely interested in the scene and history, Varg getting out earlier.... I thought the 23 year maximum sentence wasn't long enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fetishfactory.com
La Diva Carlotta
supernova

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:44 pm

^^I have that book. Scary crazy stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:41 pm

I loved Lord of Chaos book, I've never read anything like it. Truly one of its kind; I always recommend it.

star member

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:04 pm

What is the book about?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
La Diva Carlotta
supernova

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:14 pm

^^The history of Black Metal.

http://www.amazon.com/Lords-Chaos-Bloody-Satanic-Underground/dp/0922915946/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1237234468&sr=8-1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:52 pm

Maxmordon wrote:
What is the book about?

Not really your cup of tea, hehe.

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7179
: : The Fallen Angel
More Numbers : 4462518

PostSubject: Re: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:50 pm

Vampira do I understand this correctly? A Norwegian TV network (Fjeldsdag Nordbunnet) is giving Varg the host job of a Children's television program starting in summer (Kinderling Skool). If it is it seems like an odd choice..................

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
La Diva Carlotta
supernova

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:30 pm

^^Seriously?! Oh my!!! shock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:56 pm

I read it in the comment section of the story posted here .
I'm not sure if it's true or not,that's why I was asking Vampira. confused

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maxmordon
star member

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:48 am

ravengrim wrote:
Vampira do I understand this correctly? A Norwegian TV network (Fjeldsdag Nordbunnet) is giving Varg the host job of a Children's television program starting in summer (Kinderling Skool). If it is it seems like an odd choice..................

Exconvict heavy metal neonazi... well, that's... I really don't know what to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maxmordon
star member

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:50 am

I have been checking his website, and boy, he's batshit insane, isn't?:

Quote :
What makes the modern democracy so despicable is first and foremost the fact that today anybody can vote, regardless of their loyalties, origin, lawfulness, intellectual capacity, health and general demeanour, as long as they are at least 18 years old. There are no quality tests. Even morally bankrupt drug dealers, serial rapists, incurable pedophiles, vile sadists, disgusting homosexuals, sharebrokers and all the other degenerates and criminals of our societies are allowed to vote! Muslims, Jews, Freemasons and Christians, who all hate Europe and see us, our European nations and cultures as inferior and primitive, are allowed to vote! Utterly simple-minded individuals, who barely know what culture is, are allowed to vote! Even aliens who didn't even care enough for their own nations to stay home are allowed to vote! All that these individuals need in order to influence the course of our nations is to be at least 18 years old.

Scary Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:00 pm

ravengrim wrote:

Thats the first I've heard of that, im trying to look elsewhere in regards to this but cannot find anything... confused

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:55 pm

I guess I just can't imagine someone like Varg getting a job in children's television.It's like trying to picture Charles Manson with a children's show.My brain just can't process the idea. faint

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...   

Back to top Go down

BURZUM's Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1