HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: :
More Numbers : 4782900
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:41 pm

George Tiller shooting prompts PETA ad campaign in Wichita

A national animal rights group plans to erect billboards in Wichita urging people on both sides of the abortion debate to go vegetarian.

One version of the billboard says, "Pro-Life? Go Vegetarian." The other says, "Pro-Choice? Choose Vegetarian." Both feature a photo of three baby chicks.

Lindsay Rajt, campaign manager for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, said the billboards were prompted by the recent shooting death of abortion doctor George Tiller, who was killed Sunday at his church.

"The discussion of the value of life is front and center right now in the public conversation," Rajt said.

"We think we would be irresponsible if we don't talk about how we're all guilty of extreme cruelty to animals every time we sit down to a meal that includes meat."

Rajt said her group contacted Wichita-area billboard companies Tuesday but was waiting to hear back about availability. She did not know where or when the billboards would be posted.

The Virginia-based group opposes eating animals or using any animal byproducts. It also opposes animal testing, hunting, fishing and factory farming.

PETA has been criticized for the style and content of its campaigns, including a 2003 "Holocaust on Your Plate" exhibition, which juxtaposed images of the Holocaust with images of factory farming.

News of the group's plans in Wichita drew fierce response from many in the community Tuesday. Some who posted comments to a story on Kansas.com called the campaign tasteless and opportunistic; others urged Wichitans to ask billboard companies to reject the PETA billboards.

"How long was PETA hoping for a doctor to get killed to get these signs up?" wrote one person.

Rajt said the timing or content of the billboards may be controversial. But as of late Tuesday, her group had no plans to cancel the campaign.

"If our billboards leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth, we just think they might give a thought to what animals feel when they go to the slaughterhouse," she said.

"While our hearts go out to the family and friends of George Tiller, we are hoping that these billboards will make those who are rightly shocked by his murder sit up and realize that behind closed doors, millions of animals are suffering every day, and that we as individuals can help to reduce the amount of violence and suffering in the world."

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
More Numbers : 4775514

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:59 pm

Sooo you go vegetarian either way???
Der Der :?

admin

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6468
: : Fearless Leader
More Numbers : 4777425

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:05 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.darkrealm13.com
cynfullov
star member

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
More Numbers : 4740466
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:06 am

Peta needs to tell that to all thoses poor little babies in thoses countries where their dying from hunger and sickness. You know, the ones we've all seen on Tv where there's at least 2 or 3 flies flying and crawling around on their faces. Some flies bite too.

I don't believe in "pulling the wings off insects", but to swat a fly? He was swift and merciful. (((SWAP!))) And compassionate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:56 am

Too bad we don't have a facepalm smiley....

star member

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
More Numbers : 4509481
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:51 am

endless dark wrote:
PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted that fly... need I say more *facepalm*

OH FOR GOD'S SAKE! This is ridiculous! Hey PETA, let the man live like a normal person!

Incidentally, when I heard about the successful swat (my Fella told me about it yesterday), I said, "The man's a ninja!" I'm terrible at catching bugs!

I've got no problem with bugs outside. But if they're inside, and they refuse to pay rent, they get released or (more often) smished.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
cynfullov
star member

Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:24 am

Someone must have read your post! shock silent -(Might be more around.)

Obama Kills Fly: Ninja REMIX! !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
More Numbers : 4774209

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:21 pm

PETA really dont do themselves any favours do they?? whistle

Well, the Devil he taught us how to rock and then he turned us loose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cynfullov
star member

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:50 pm

You mentioning that makes me wonder if they keep up with the way they're going, if they don't end up losing supporters to their group. I can just see some branching off from them and starting another group that's more umm.... well when they start mentioning not swatting mosquitos...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:43 pm

cynfullov wrote:
You mentioning that makes me wonder if they keep up with the way they're going, if they don't end up losing supporters to their group. I can just see some branching off from them and starting another group that's more umm.... well when they start mentioning not swatting mosquitos...

So where exactly does PETA draw the line?
No swatting of mosquitos?And what exactly would happen if a member of their amazing organization got infested with something pasasitic like say lice?
Do you think they would advocate letting the lice feast on the person?

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:46 pm

Haha excellent point Raven!!!!

star member

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:51 pm

OOooOOoo they really should be asked that! clap
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:53 pm

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:15 am

Good ol' PETA.

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:18 pm

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 445
More Numbers : 4675801
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:31 pm

I have to step in and say this. I am an animal rights activist and vegan. But I absolutely ABHOR PETA. I think we all agree that they are one of the most immature rights groups in the popular media. They are an embarrassment to all people who care for animals and are or are interested in the vegan lifestyle.

I would go so far as to say this: I usually don't play into conspiracy theories, but in my heart, I feel that this horrible organization is backed by people who care nothing for animals and want to make animal rights activists seem crazy. I mean, honestly, when I say "animal rights activist," doesn't it sorta make you cringe and roll your eyes? It's groups like PETA that make this impression on people. I am a great person that cares for ALL sentient beings. I would never take advantage of someone's death to get my message across. Human are animals, too!

Sorry if I seem very emotional about this, but I feel it is so important that people know that PETA is not the face of the vegetarian and animal rights community. They are a disgrace and I hope (even if you aren't into all that) that my sentiments here will make an impression with you and just let the word spread that our causes are not about crazy publicity stunts and media attention.

If you're interested at all in what I mean, please check out two things: The China Study by T. Colin Campbell and cok.net--a REAL, good-doing, non-crazy animal rights group I've supported for years.

Thanks for reading my rant guys, I know that if anyone would listen it's all of you. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   

Back to top Go down

PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Politics & World Events-
Jump to: