HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: :
More Numbers : 4782900
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:52 pm

George Clooney-flavored tofu. Rolling Eyes

Just when we thought we'd seen it all from PETA -- the animal rights organization known for high-profile celebrity ads -- President Ingrid Newkirk has come up with this: George Clooney-flavored tofu.

In a letter sent to the actor, Newkirk said that PETA has been offered his gym towel (obtained right here in D.C.!) and wants to use his sweat to create Clooney tofu that will "spare animals from being killed for the table." She went on to explain that the science is pretty simple, like "making artificial chicken flavor for instant gravy."

Newkirk, a big fan of Clooney, told us yesterday that the towel was offered by a PETA supporter with the idea of auctioning it off, but she immediately thought of using his perspiration for bean curd: "I thought, 'What would make tofu more attractive to people?' ... I can see people having parties to try CloFu."

Clooney's not biting. "As a mammal, I'm offended," he told us yesterday through his rep.

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
endless dark
admin

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6468
: : Fearless Leader
More Numbers : 4777425

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:13 pm

ravengrim wrote:
In a letter sent to the actor, Newkirk said that PETA has been offered his gym towel (obtained right here in D.C.!) and wants to use his sweat to create Clooney tofu that will "spare animals from being killed for the table." She went on to explain that the science is pretty simple, like "making artificial chicken flavor for instant gravy."

Um... Tofu isn't an animal and I dont think they flavor it with animal either Neutral

ravengrim wrote:
Clooney's not biting. "As a mammal, I'm offended," he told us yesterday through his rep.
HAHA! Throwing PETA's BS right back at them... Classic
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.darkrealm13.com
RedAngel
star member

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
More Numbers : 4509481
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:34 pm

PETA has embarrassed another vegetarian. blush Pointless garbage -- shame on them for grandstanding to advance their own organization instead of the cause they "support".
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
SPF
vip member

Scorpio Number of posts : 1678
: : Fashionista
More Numbers : 4665744
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:11 pm

I know, PETA makes all vegetarians seem crazy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maxmordon
star member

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
More Numbers : 4669370
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:32 pm

Damn... just... damn... are we sure this is not just a whim of Mrs. Newkirk pleasing some fetish of sorts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDarkHippie

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 1101
More Numbers : 4443027
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:37 pm

uh.....peta are idiots. I mean, who would eat that anyway?? It seems gross to me to flavor food with sweat! sick
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/joanestabrook#/profile.php?id=757050283&
Synth

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 578
More Numbers : 4675805
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:46 pm

I HATE PETA!!!

ADAR

they give everyone who is a vegetarian or vegan or animal rights protester a band name...

same goes for damn obsessive Animal activists. half the time they go for aggressive methods before attempting non aggressive ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
More Numbers : 4775514

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:05 am

hahaah George Clooney tofu...what a hoot!!

vip member

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
More Numbers : 4670380
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:30 pm

The thought of that made me throw up in my mouth a little.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fetishfactory.com
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:40 pm

[quote]"I thought, 'What would make tofu more attractive to people?' ... I can see people having parties to try CloFu."[quote] sick

Yep,vomit time.

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
More Numbers : 4774209

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:52 pm

I quite like George in a sort of ethical way. I like the way he crossed a picket line and wasn't a scab - kudos

Well, the Devil he taught us how to rock and then he turned us loose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seduction of Madness

Number of posts : 121
More Numbers : 4518045
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:48 pm

I'll have some CloFu with a side of sea kitten, please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4544
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 4680545
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Clooney flavored tofu? sick

ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:56 pm

PETA's "Chicken Empathy Museum" doesn't take off in Louisiana

Sometimes you've got to figure the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals are just trying to get their name in the paper. And they're darned good at it.

It's looking like the "Chicken Empathy Museum" idea from PETA won't be happening in Louisiana any time soon.

Well, you know what, Sherlock? If you're looking for empathy in Louisiana, "chicken" shouldn't be the first word out of your mouth. This is a state where Popeye isn't a sailor, he's a guy who runs a drive-up chicken window. I mean, this is a part of the country where, when you say Oprah, they think you said "okra." This is a state where the Junior League cookbook has a recipe for possum.

Seriously, when PETA found out the old Pilgrim's Pride chicken processing plant in Farmerville, La., was closing, and Gov. Bobby Jindal wanted to spend $20 million of the state's money to help another company buy the place, PETA proposed the "Chicken Empathy Museum" as an alternative.

The museum would include a chicken cage-like playscape for the children that would show how cramped conditions are for the chickens. Sounds like a party.

Of course, Jindal didn't go for it. Although in Louisiana you could start up a Gumbo Empathy Museum and draw a crowd.

So what would the Chicken Empathy Museum have? A chicken wing?

"I guess the whole thing would be a chicken wing, right?" said Ashley Byrne, campaign coordinator for PETA. "Actually, we did plan to serve faux chickens, vegetarian chickens made from healthy plant protein in the museum restaurant, along with an array of other tasty vegetarian food."

When you can set a trotline for eggplant, tofu will become a hit in Baton Rouge. One thing that drives me crazy is the way vegheads flock — pun intended — to nonmeat products that are balled up to look like meat, such as the Tofurky. If vegetarians are dead set against meat, how come they want to eat vegetables hand-formed to look like critters?

"That's probably just a matter of familiarity," Ashley said. I still don't get it. Hey, you never see a meat eater take a squash and roll it up to look like a patty melt.

Oh well, it sounds like it would have been one heckuva chicken museum. "It would have an educational display highlighting facts about chickens," Ashley said. "They're intelligent animals with mental capabilities that are comparable to cats, dogs and even primates. In nature, mother hens cluck to their unborn chicks who chirp back from their shells."

Wow. The museum's amazing talking omelet display. And that's not all.

"As a gift from PETA, part of our proposal was that each visitor 12 years old and younger would have a plush chicken toy with a tag reading, 'I am not a nugget,' " Ashley said.

Hey, in Louisiana if it's not a cutlet, it's a nugget. Next time, try this stunt in New York City and maybe somebody will bite.

Well that sounds interesting and kind of reminds me of a publicity stunt. silent

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
endless dark
admin

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6468
: : Fearless Leader
More Numbers : 4777425

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:02 pm

I'm starting to think that even PETA isn't taking its causes or them selfs seriously any more Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.darkrealm13.com
RedAngel
star member

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:02 pm

PETA just gets it wrong over and over and over... and the result is irritation and misunderstanding (i.e. not all veg folks like to eat fake meat). Way to go, guys. frustated
Back to top Go down
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:49 pm

I'm almost sorry to post this one.Why in Hades does she keep popping up wherever I search?

PETA Co-Founder Ingrid Newkirk’s “Unique Will”

DIRECTIONS FOR THE DISPOSITION OF THE REMAINS OF INGRID NEWKIRK
As someone who has dedicated a part of my life to the alleviation of animal suffering in various parts of the world, it is my wish that upon my death, my body be used to further that same goal. It is with this purpose in mind that I make the following directions and designations relating to the disposition of my final remains. I make these directions and designations after thorough consideration and pursuant to my firm belief in the purposes for which they are made.

1. Upon my death, it is my wish that my body be used in a manner that draws attention to needless animal suffering and exploitation. To accomplish this, I direct that my body be donated to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), 501 Front Street, Norfolk, Virginia 23510, to be used in whatever manner it chooses in order to accomplish the specified purpose, with the hope that most of my body will be put to use in the United States, with parts also dispatched to awaken the public consciousness of governments and citizens in the United Kingdom, where I was born, in India, my beloved childhood home, and in Canada, Germany, and France.

2. While the final decision as to the use of my body remains with PETA, I make the following suggested directions:

a. That the “meat” of my body, or a portion thereof, be used for a human barbecue, to remind the world that the meat of a corpse is all flesh, regardless of whether it comes from a human being or another animal, and that flesh foods are not needed;

b. That my skin, or a portion thereof, be removed and made into leather products, such as purses, to remind the world that human skin and the skin of other animals is the same and that neither is “fabric” nor needed, and that some skin be tacked up outside the Indian Leather Fair each year to serve as a reminder of the government’s need to abate the suffering of Indian bullocks who, after a life of extreme and involuntary servitude, as I have seen firsthand, are exported all over the world in this form;

c. That in remembrance of the elephant-foot umbrella stands and tiger rugs I saw, as a child, offered for sale by merchants at Connaught Place in Delhi, my feet be removed and umbrella stands or other ornamentation be made from them, as a reminder of the depravity of killing innocent animals, such as elephants, in order that we might use their body parts for household items and decorations;

d. That one of my eyes be removed, mounted, and delivered to the administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as a reminder that PETA will continue to be watching the agency until it stops poisoning and torturing animals in useless and cruel experiments; that the other is to be used as PETA sees fit;

e. That my pointing finger be delivered to Kenneth Feld, owner of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, or to a circus museum to stand as the “Greatest Accusation on Earth” on behalf of the countless elephants, lions, tigers, bears, and other animals who have been kidnapped from their families and removed from their homelands in India, Thailand, Africa, and South America and deprived of all that is natural and pleasant to them, abused, and forced into involuntary servitude for the sake of cheap entertainment;

f. That my liver be vacuum-packed and shipped, in whole or in part, to France, to there be used in a public appeal to persuade shoppers not to support the vile practice of force-feeding geese and ducks for foie gras;

g. That one of my ears be removed, mounted, and sent to the Canadian Parliament to assist them in hearing, for the first time perhaps, the screams of the seals, bears, raccoons, foxes, and minks bludgeoned, trapped, and sometimes skinned alive for their pelts; that the other ear be removed, preserved, and displayed outside the Deonar abattoir in Mumbai to remind all who do business there that the screams of the cattle who are slaughtered within its walls are heard around the world;

h. That one of my thumbs be removed, mounted upwards on a plaque, and sent to the person or institution that, in the year of my death or thereabouts, PETA decides has done the most to promote alternatives to the use and abuse of animals in any area of their exploitation;

i. That one of my thumbs be mounted in a downward position and sent to the person or institution that, in the year of my death or thereabouts, has gone against the changing tide of societal opinion and frightened and hurt animals in some egregious manner;

j. That a little part of my heart be buried near the racetrack at Hockenheim, preferably near the Ferrari pits, where Michael Shumacher raced in and won the German Grand Prix;

k. That anything else be done with my body that PETA believes will serve to draw attention to and so abate the plight of exploited animals.
3. As a resident of Virginia, and pursuant to Virginia law, including
§ 54.1-2825 of the Virginia Code, I designate PETA as the “person” who shall make arrangements for carrying out the directions contained in this document for the disposition of my remains upon my death. If, at any time, PETA is unable or unwilling to carry out these directions, I designate, in the alternative, Daniel Mathews as the individual who shall make arrangements for carrying out the directions contained in this document for the disposition of my remains upon my death. If Daniel Mathews is unable or unwilling to carry out these directions as required, I authorize either of the two listed “persons” in this paragraph to designate a third party to make arrangements for carrying out the directions contained in this document for the disposition of my remains upon my death.

4. While I prefer that my directions be first executed in the United States, I also direct that parts of my body be transported to the United Kingdom, of which I also am a citizen, and to India, my beloved spiritual home, to be executed there. If my directions cannot be executed in any of these countries, I authorize the transport of my remains to any location where my disposition directions, in whole or in part, may be lawfully executed.

5. I authorize the person carrying out these directions to deviate from them in any manner he or she deems appropriate to further the purpose expressed herein. If any provision or provisions of this document shall be held to be invalid, illegal, unenforceable, or in conflict with the law of any jurisdiction, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.

______________________ _______________
INGRID NEWKIRK DATE

NOTARY PUBLIC:

SIGN: ________________________ (SEAL)

WITNESSES

The foregoing document was published, declared, and signed by Ingrid Newkirk, in our presence, and we subscribe it in her presence, and in the presence of each other.

WITNESS (SIGN) DATE

WITNESS (SIGN) DATE

ACCEPTANCE BY DESIGNATED PERSONS

PETA

I have read and fully understand the contents of this document. I accept the designation as the person to carry out the directions set forth herein and will comply with those directions to the best of my ability.

For People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals:

_________________________ ____________________
MARY BETH SWEETLAND DATE
Senior Vice President
PETA

NOTARY PUBLIC:

DANIEL MATHEWS

I have read and fully understand the contents of this document. Should the conditions precedent be met, I accept the designation as the person to carry out the directions set forth herein and will comply with those directions to the best of my ability.

______________________ ____________________
DANIEL MATHEWS DATE
NOTARY PUBLIC:

I do think this Last will and testament makes a pretty big and bold statement.Reading it was hard to do.I doubt anything she declares that she wants done with her remains will be something that PETA will legally be able to do.

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:13 pm

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20090409/ten-pet-shop-boys-spurn-rescue-shelter-r-a56114e.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7984854.stm

The last one made me laugh because my Daddy's name is Colin and "bollocks" is probably one of my favourite swear words

Can this organisation get any further up their own backsides?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:57 pm

Huh?@ the first story.
Seems strange to me.I have to say Peta seems to wound their own cause with foolishness like this.

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:00 pm

I just laughed at PETA's idea of asking a band that has been going for 20+ years to change their name.

I'm still having sea kittens for tea tomorrow though neener

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:17 pm

mmm sea kittens tongue

There is something seriously wrong with PETA.

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:00 pm

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:01 am

sick
Ah come on!! That's gross!

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:39 am

sick sick sick

Whatever next? OMG just had a thought but probably best kept to myself What a Face

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedAngel
star member

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:56 am

ravengrim wrote:
Not Peta,but somehow I think they'd be pleased.

I'm lactose intolerant, but I wonder if I could handle that?

Kidding. I never, ever want to know. sick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?   

Back to top Go down

PETA Do I Even Need To Say More?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Politics & World Events-
Jump to: