HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Fred Phelps

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BadArt23

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 389
: : Where You At?
: :
More Numbers : 4310681
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Fred Phelps   Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:01 pm

In case you don't already know of him, here's his infamous website:
God Hates Fags

He is coming to the university I go to tomorrow, and after that we're following his group to a local high school for a counter-protest.

Anyone have any particular feelings they'd like me to vocalize for them tomorrow? I haven't made a sign yet so if anyone has a special request I'd be glad to mark it on a sign.

Here is why he's visiting my school : (If anyone can make sense of it)
Wichita State University - Where they worship bails of hay?! N. Oliver St. & E. 21st St These are not the sharpest blades of grass on the prairie, you know. However, dumb or smart they still deserve to hear/see some truth. Here goes: Psalm 34:11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD. Deuteronomy 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. 1John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. Get that? You are to fear God, love God and the way you show this is by OBEYING GOD! Why do we go all that way to Wichita to tell you that? Because of this COMMANDMENT from God: Matthew 22:34 ¶ But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together. 35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. AMEN!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky
vip member

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1413
More Numbers : 4307985
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:40 pm

Just bring a sign that says "God Stopped Caring Ages Ago" it'll cover all bases nicely.

These dopes are also the ones that protest soldiers' funerals and the coast guard? Religion has been giving socially inept assholes, an outlet to feel less like morons, since 8000 BC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fetishfactory.com
BadArt23

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:45 pm

Yep, that's the same group. It's not even that they're religious, they're just crazy! If you read through everything he's against, it's a lot like a modern-day Hitler, except without the power.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky
vip member

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:51 pm

Yeah, but Hitler was also one of the greatest public speakers of all time, and a brilliant leader, who finally succumbed to physical and mental illness. This guy is just a crack pot who only organizes a handful of clearly inbred families, all who look a lot like him wtf, and follow blindly the mistranslated words of dead fools.
Back to top Go down
BadArt23

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:13 am

Yes, his whole family is just as PSYCHO as he is..I saw a youtube video of his grandkids who are about my age, or somewhere around there. They're like, "Everyone can go to hell for all we care, if it's God's will."
I can't believe such people exist in this world. sad or frown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cynfullov
star member

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
More Numbers : 4378078
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:28 am

Don't drink the kool~aid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
More Numbers : 4250967
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:34 am

He's a complete whackjob.

I've counter-protested at some of his speeches and protests in Boston in the past. I remember a lot of the counter protesters had signs about how homosexuality is perfectly fine, and he should get his head out of his a$$ and shut up about "the evil gays" and realize that the Bible preaches a good amount of love and forgiveness. Not to mention the "do not judge" bit. A lot of the counter protester signs contained Bible verses that talked about those sorts of things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4519
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 4318131
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:16 am

I would almost skip classes just to avoid his bullsh*t.

Symmentha

Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 141
More Numbers : 4309330
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:41 am

I dont want anyone to jump on me about this, but the bible does say homosexuality is wrong. This guy is going the wrong way about demonstrating that though. And yeah, the bible says that God is the only one with the right to judge. We can hate that a person is a homosexual, but its just as unbiblical as being homosexual to hate a homosexual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedAngel
star member

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5374
More Numbers : 4147081
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:09 am

I don't mean to upset anyone here, but the thing about the Bible is that it wasn't God's pen doing the writing. I'm saying this as someone who was raised Christian, but also as someone who was raised to make intelligent choices while being respectful of all people (though it's awfully hard to respect Phelps).

I'm just saying that, humans being fallible, there's a high likelihood that the men who wrote the Bible transferred their own agendae into the text, intentionally or no.

I used to work with someome who got newsletters with Scripture in the margins; some of the letters are still here. So if anyone is interested in showing up at Phelps' appearance with a sign of protest, here's a good verse:

"Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

God, I hate hatemongering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
La Diva Carlotta
supernova

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7857
More Numbers : 4319115
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:45 pm

^^Amen to that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:03 pm

This guy is friggin crazy...
Glad he's staying far away from my campus though otherwise I'd be leading the counter protest in a heartbeat. Though... perhaps Oklahoma is just too of like mind to catch his attention... or maybe I've been lucky to be elsewhere.

Stumbled across this little tidbit:
Quote :
In early 2007, Kevin Smith announced plans to produce a horror film entitled Red State featuring a religious extremist based on Phelps as a villain.
Kevin Smith movie with Fred Phelps as the villain - interesting...
Should definitely ruffle Mr. Phelps's feathers too so added bonus.

Also find myself wondering...
We hear horror stories of this nutcase and his psycho family...
But is there any dna shared between them and 14-gold medalist Michael Fred Phelps?
shock
Back to top Go down
BadArt23

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:28 pm

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
I would almost skip classes just to avoid his bullsh*t.
I did skip class, but not to avoid it. I sent an email to my public speaking instructor to tell him I wouldn't be in class because I'd be at the counter protest. He said that normally he'd be hesitant to excuse this absence, but since he believes it's a good cause or something that he would excuse me. He even wished me luck Very Happy

I actually just got back from the protest about half an hour ago. There were about 2 adults on the Phelps' side, the rest were aged about 10 and under. And of course, the children are the ones holding the signs that say "Thank God for dead children."
I think their usage of children is the worst part about the whole thing. I mean, not only are they terrible beyond words, they use KIDS as their tools to get their message across. It's a hot and windy day and those poor kids looked MISERABLE.

RedAngel, I SO would have used that quote had I logged on here earlier. I ended up making 2 signs, one for me and one for my friend.
Mine was neon pink and said "Fag Enabler" with an arrow pointing down to me, and the other side said " God Loves Me!"
My friend's was neon green and said, " I have your pacemaker" (which didn't make any sense because Fred didn't even show up--it was just his family) and the other side said "God Loves Me!" as well.

It was a great time, I had a LOT of fun. All the people were so great despite the fact that it was so windy our signs were blowing everywhere. We got a lot of support, a lot of honking cars, and a lot of love.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Symmentha

Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:53 pm

RedAngel wrote:
I don't mean to upset anyone here, but the thing about the Bible is that it wasn't God's pen doing the writing. I'm saying this as someone who was raised Christian, but also as someone who was raised to make intelligent choices while being respectful of all people (though it's awfully hard to respect Phelps).

I'm just saying that, humans being fallible, there's a high likelihood that the men who wrote the Bible transferred their own agendae into the text, intentionally or no.

I used to work with someome who got newsletters with Scripture in the margins; some of the letters are still here. So if anyone is interested in showing up at Phelps' appearance with a sign of protest, here's a good verse:

"Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

God, I hate hatemongering.

I agree completely. You also have to take into account that the version of the bible we are reading was decided upon by man (man picked the books that would become our bible) and translated into english by man. And as I already said, I have no right to judge someone because they are gay. I have a bunch of gay friends. I dont agree with their decisions, but Im not going to hate on them for it. The bible does state clearly in several places though Gods intentions for marriage, some of which I myself have trouble following. For instance, most fundamental christians believe in not having sex before marriage. Many people include any sort of lustful touching in this.. ie: kissing, holding hands, anything that you wouldnt do to someone that you arent married to, while married to someone else, you shouldnt do to someone you arent married to, full stop.

I am getting way off topic here though. Obviously my faith is something I feel strongly about, as much as I feel Fred Phelps is going about his ministry the wrong way and scaring people away from christianity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4519
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 4318131
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:49 am

The Christian bible not only condemns homosexuality, but warrants stoning to anyone being one. Stoning is also prescribed to witches, non-believers, heretics, unruly children, and pretty much everything that makes a human human.

Symmentha

Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:58 am

Where are you getting that from? Because my first thought is John 8:7 'So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky
vip member

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:29 pm

Well we all have to remember that the bible contradicts itself numerous times. The books were written by numerous people, over the course of three hundred years, and many of the early tales are directly taken from the Egyptian "Book Of The Dead" and Sumerian folklore, only the names of the characters change.

God made all the animals on the 5th Day (those on paws and hoofs, all the creeping things, birds in the shy, fish in the sea, etc), then God made man & women on the 6th day, rested on the 7th. But the next page says God made Adam, then animals, then Eve, completely contradicting the order from page one. And this Eden story happens over a decent period of time.

The Bible does say that "Man shall not layeth down with Man as he does with Woman", but that was just a political and religious attack against the Egyptians and Romans. A way to spite both Empires that enslaved the Jews, by saying everything about them was sinful and evil. It's why goats, snakes, wolves and lions are all "evil" manifestations in the Bible, because those animals were often depicted in Roman and Egyptian religions.

People like to use the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, as some type of reason why being gay is a sin. But the words "Sodom and Gomorrah" literally means "scorch and burn", coincidence or fairytale? It would be like New York City meaning "Plane Crash" is some other language. Those two "towns wrought with sin, homosexuality, gambling and murder", were just made up. Actually, the entire tale of the angels visiting the towns, and searching for one decent family to save before God reigns down his fire and brimstone, is taken word for word from an Egyptian myth, which was taken from a Sumerian tale of about defying the Gods. The names of the towns change, the characters job descriptions change, the type of "sin" changes due to whatever religion it pertains too, but it's the same old thing at the end of the day.

In the "Letter To The Corinthians" John and Paul define God as "Love", and they define "Love" as being; patient, understanding, one which does not keep records or holds grudges. Then in Revelations it explains how God keeps the records of all people to judge them at the end, where sinners will be sent to hell.

So which God from the Bible do we prey to? The a**hole-megalomaniac who see's fit to torture his children, or the passive lover who ignores the suffering of billions, but will forgive us our traspasses.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5374
More Numbers : 4147081
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:51 pm

That's the irony of religion: if you call yourself a person of faith at all, you can really only believe part of the docrtine because of the inherent contradictions. And it's not just Christianity either. The documentary "Religioulous" with Bill Maher explores this really well.

Not saying the contradiction is right; just saying it's a fact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
SPF
vip member

Scorpio Number of posts : 1678
: : Fashionista
More Numbers : 4303356
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Oh man...we get people like him who come to my school to preach. His name is brother jed and he always has this sign that says

rocknrollers
gays
feminists
atheists
drinkers
drug addicts

Are going to hell

Its a glittery sign with many bright colors.

He comes to our school like 2/3 times a year and tells everyone one how girls in sororities are going to hell and that everyone is wrong...etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plF_5b7yLkk&feature=related
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BadArt23

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:05 pm

Video Of Phelps Protest
You can see my sign for a second in the middle of the video...the bright pink "Fag Enabler" one. There are also photos if you click on "back to event" above the video.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seduction of Madness

Number of posts : 121
More Numbers : 4155657
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:45 pm

SPF wrote:
Oh man...we get people like him who come to my school to preach. His name is brother jed and he always has this sign that says

rocknrollers
gays
feminists
atheists
drinkers
drug addicts

Are going to hell

Its a glittery sign with many bright colors.

He comes to our school like 2/3 times a year and tells everyone one how girls in sororities are going to hell and that everyone is wrong...etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plF_5b7yLkk&feature=related

People still say rockrollers, LOL.

I might dress like it's the 50s, but someone is clearly still stuck there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPF
vip member

Scorpio Number of posts : 1678
: : Fashionista
More Numbers : 4303356
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:22 pm

^^^ ya, he says it all the time. ITs my favorite thing he says "all you rocknrollers are sinners"

And its awesome b/c sometimes I dress 50's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7179
: : The Fallen Angel
More Numbers : 4420502
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:53 pm

Fred Phelps and his "church" are some of the scariest people around.And hey guess where they're going next?

Westboro Baptist Church justifies UK picket

This is the full text of the Telegraph's correspondence with the Westboro Baptist Church, about its plan to stage a picket in Britain for the first time. The church has threatened to demonstrate outside the staging of anti-homophobia play The Laramie Project at a school theatre in Basingstoke, Hampshire on Friday

1) Is this your first picket in the UK?

1. It is the first actual picket. We have been preaching by so many means to the UK for years. The arm of the Lord our God is not shortened by oceans and things, all of which, he created, and all of which he knew about when he considered these last hours of the very last days of all.

2) Are you flying across to Britain, or is the picket being carried out by members in Britain? If you are flying over, how many protesters are you expecting and when are you arriving?

2. Considering that your nation has tried in many ways, including with draconian laws to shut up the Word of God from OFF your landscape, and to make it a crime to plainly say what the STANDARDS of GOD are, (e.g. THOU SHALT NOT lie with mankind as with womankind, it is abomination or THOU SHALT NOT commit adultery, etc.) that I will not be telling any details of our business to get where we need to be.

3) What is your objection to The Laramie Project?

3. We don't object to it, we see it as a glorious preaching moment. It creates a PERFECT backdrop for us to help YOU connect the dots. From the least to the greatest of the people of the UK, including your lamenting and rebellious and disobedient Gordon Brown. You taught your children FOR GENERATIONS now that God is a big fat liar and that HIS standards are on the table to dispose of. You BROKE their moral compass.

The prophet said - WHAT WILL YE DO IN THE END THEREOF. That is to say for you rebels - WHAT will you do when you get to the end of this road of your filthy disobedient manner of life and find that you have incurred the wrath of God and you find that his promises to make your people to be ALTOGETHER WORTHLESS, GOOD FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! And what will you do when you all land in hell FOR EVER where the worm that eats on you NEVER dies and the fire is NEVER quenched and the smoke of your torment ascends up for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever - never ending. So we go to the place where the Laramie Project is playing and you look at us, then you look at the so-called "counter-picketers" and the young people that you have taught that they can live like the very devil himself and it is JUST FINE, because even though the Bible CLEARLY says that God HATES people and it is a perfect hatred - a determination to send the UNREPINENTANT to hell for ever.

So I say - you can look at the faces of each of these groups, and you see that these young people of WBC - as you already know, have no confusion and they have bright shining minds and they are happy and well adjusted and content, living sober, righteous and godly in this present world, while you are busy in GREAT lament over the fact that you have a 15-year-old girl having the baby of a 13-year-old boy (who was 12) when they embarked upon this glorious plan, because YOU brutes taught them that God is a liar. Now suddenly you see that they have NO standards! And then you can add to this pleasant little happy UK family moment that another 13-year-old boy has arisen to dispute paternity! Oh yea baby - you UK rebels truly have it goin on! You are like the Doomed american rebels - just a big shameful MESS!! I say we are dot connecters! THAT is our job! We use the Laramie Project to tell you unambiguously and unapologetically that your DUTY is to fear God and keep his commandments and that you are required to give the glory of all his judgments that he is executing RIGHT UNDER YOUR NOSE, TO HIM! The God Smacks are HIS WORK!

4) Why have you decided to widen your protests to Britain?

4. Here is the reason - from the mouth of the Lord Jesus Christ, to wit: Mt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Our God has worked upon the hearts of this little flock of slaughter, and he has, in his mercy permitted us to preach to the whole world! What a glorious and amazing sight that we should be so blessed! We are permitted to say with our beloved brother Paul, our faithful, message of TRUTH in this dark adulterous and sinful generation of rebels against God with NO cause. You KNOW his word - you had great light in your land in the 1600s with the vast array of John's (Knox, Bunyan, Brown, Gill, Trapp, etc., etc.) and you have Bible's everywhere! But your goofy queen and her adulterous whore of a son - YIKES put their hand and you all put your hands to mischief at every turn.

The antichrist is sitting now, in the Whitehouse, the time is SO SHORT - the Lord is coming and this generation is DOOMED! You see the destruction already before your eyes! As filthy america goes down, and The Beast Obama, That Son of Perdition, that Man of Sin gets his power grab on, you will all give over the power of your government to him and when you see that phony façade fall away, and he gets his war on and all your fawning over him turns to great fear, then you can remember these words.

In that hour, if you or any other soul in the UK has a heart to know your God, and you understand that the end is near, you can yet put away your idols, your false gods and your FILTHY manner of life and you can serve the Lord your God in truth! THAT is your only hope.

Thanks for asking!

Shirley Phelps-Roper

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps   

Back to top Go down

Fred Phelps
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1