HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Goths and Self-Defense

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5252
: : Satan's cheerleader
: :
More Numbers : 4342230
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Goths and Self-Defense   Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:10 pm

RedAngel wrote:
Been chatting via Facebook recently with the organizer of The Sophie Lancaster Self Defence Class. The classes are currently available in the UK, but he's also interested in creating an international network of self-defense classes to help empower anyone who's been threatened for being outside the mainstream.

If anyone here knows of an instructor outside the UK who'd like to get involved in teaching these classes, please let him know via the site's contact info or via Facebook. Thanks!

He's one of life's good guys. Loads of kudos to him because I believe that he has suffered personally from attacks by ignorant people

Well, the Devil he taught us how to rock and then he turned us loose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
More Numbers : 4181378
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Goths and Self-Defense   Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:19 pm

I know that before I was pretty adamant about being unarmed, but in light of some recent issues with stalking and nearly being mugged several times, I've given in and had a relative buy me a vial of mace. I haven't needed to use it yet, but feel like it's a good thing to have. For me I feel like it's the perfect weapon; it's not (generally) lethal, I don't have to get very close to a potential assailant to use it, and after a quick spray I can just run like hell and everything should be okay.

It sucks though, because it feels like my neighborhood has been getting so much worse lately. There was apparently a fatal shooting down the street from me a few weeks ago, and I've started to hear gunshots maybe one to three times a month and witness drug deals on the streets a few times a week. I've lived in this area for almost three years now, and don't like the way things are going... I can't wait until my lease is up, so I can hopefully move to a safer area. Back when I moved here it was so safe that I could carry my laptop with me at night and never have to worry. Now even walking down the street after dark scares me...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5252
: : Satan's cheerleader
More Numbers : 4342230
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Goths and Self-Defense   Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:54 pm

That's awful and I hate the idea of you feeling unsafe. hug

I hope your lease is up very soon and you can live somewhere where you can go out and have peace of mind and feel safe

I'm lucky in that I live in a little Welsh seaside town and the most exciting thing that happens is the annual Victorian Extravaganza!

Well, the Devil he taught us how to rock and then he turned us loose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goths and Self-Defense   

Back to top Go down

Goths and Self-Defense
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2