HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Embarrassing Moments

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BadArt23

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 389
: : Where You At?
: :
More Numbers : 4427538
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Embarrassing Moments   Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:50 pm

We need this thread.

I had a mortifying moment today.

Today I was working at the cash wrap with an older lady and kept returning to help ring customers just as she'd finish with the one she was helping, so it was useless because the next person would just be helped by her.

So, that happened again and I said rather loudly "I come every time you finish!" ... blush WHOOPS!

The old ladies just looked at me like, "EH??" silent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
endless dark
admin

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6436
: : Fearless Leader
More Numbers : 4531814
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moments   Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:13 pm

thats ok, about a week or two ago I spent 3 hours trying to find out why I wasn't getting any sound from youtube. I restarted my comp 3 times, checked the speakers, checked the master volume and after 3 hours of getting no sound I finaly figured out that the youtube video sound was off blush all that time all I had to do was turn it up
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.darkrealm13.com
BadArt23

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 389
: : Where You At?
More Numbers : 4427538
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moments   Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:56 am

Lol, I did the same thing last night, only it didn't take me 3 hours to figure it out, just a few videos into it I realized they were ALL super quiet and realized I needed to turn it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4569
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
More Numbers : 4524228

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moments   Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:58 pm

This was years ago but me and my parents used to do car boot sales on this farm. It wasnt busy on the sunday so me and mum decided to get some penny sweets and walk home. We were just cracking jokes at each other and I pee'd myself walking down the street blush

Gemini Number of posts : 5252
: : Satan's cheerleader
More Numbers : 4528676

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moments   Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:58 pm

This was also a few years ago but sticks in my mind as a time when I wanted a hole to appear in the ground.

I was at work and going to reception to greet a very important new client - my palms were dry and ready for a "manly" handshake and, if I say so myself, I looked the business. I opened the reception door, stepped in and my shoe shot straight off my foot and hit the client right in the knee with some force. I'm happy to say that many years later he is still with me. Goddess knows why!

More recently I actually told John Robb to his face that he was buff blush

Well, the Devil he taught us how to rock and then he turned us loose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
La Diva Carlotta
supernova

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7857
More Numbers : 4435972
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moments   Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:59 am

I was on the train to work this morning and as is my custom I took a long nap. I was woken up by the sound of very loud snoring....and quickly realized it was me! blush
Back to top Go down
View user profile
albinasamara

Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 338
More Numbers : 4431638
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moments   Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:41 pm

While on the phone with a customer (who by the voice I could tell was an African-American woman), we were discussing color choices for her outfit. She asked me what colors I prefer, and I swear to god in a total hillbilly hick white girl voice I said,

"Well, I'm a black girl myself!"

/facepalm

Luckily if she did notice, she didn't say anything.

(I have another slip up but it's not exactly appropriate! lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/albinasamara
La Diva Carlotta
supernova

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7857
More Numbers : 4435972
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moments   Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:57 pm

^^Ha! That's hysterical!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Symmentha

Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 141
More Numbers : 4426187
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moments   Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:13 am

Blech. After just 2 weeks of owning my new car (8 days of which I was in Sydney) and having no lessons, (stick shift which Ive never driven before in my life) I thought I was doing pretty well driving around. Go to pick up my sister and her friend from school. Reverse out of my spot, stall. Go to take off, stall. By now, Im getting p!ssed, and people around me are just overtaking me, so I manage to take off. Then my sister informs me that everyone was laughing at me. Thanks. GAH!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moments   Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:47 am

albinasamara wrote:
While on the phone with a customer (who by the voice I could tell was an African-American woman), we were discussing color choices for her outfit. She asked me what colors I prefer, and I swear to god in a total hillbilly hick white girl voice I said,

"Well, I'm a black girl myself!"

/facepalm

Luckily if she did notice, she didn't say anything.

(I have another slip up but it's not exactly appropriate! lol)

lol goodness...
Can totally see the conversation going dead there, awkward silence for about 5 min, then someone starts up with "so..." then "move on".
Amusing... but these things happen. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse
Number of posts : 114
More Numbers : 4421009
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moments   Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:20 pm

Well, I was sitting in my Economics class, with my head leaning on one hand because I was too tired to sit up myself. I started drifting in and out of consciousness like usual. Usually I'll only doze off like that a few times then be awake.
Well, it turns out that I actually did fall asleep. (Along with a few other people in the class.) That wasn't so bad. The bad part was it had been very, very quiet in the room and apparently I'd been snoring rather loudly. I awoke to the teacher furiously scribbling away at a few detention slips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moments   Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:15 pm

Man I feel stupid.
I'm a wee bit baked... and I walked to work which totally circulated it to escalate the high... so I'm totally baked and at work.
The phone rings, three of us look at each other and everyone's like "not it!" so finally I give in on like the fourth ring... look for the phone and can't find it... right in front of my face (actually it was kinda camouflaged on a New York Times newspaper on table that's a similar colour to the phone so... meh)

So I stutter a second because I try to say "Media Center" and "Periodicals" as one word (used to work in the Multimedia department) and it turns out that the first person here who said "not it" was who the call was for.
Hand the phone and say "Here you go, Ms. Not It" and she's like "Who is it?" and instinctively (for god only knows what reasons) I reply "Hell if I know, some chick." and pass it off.

whistle
Apparently I said it a wee bit loudly to where the person on the phone heard...

Fortunately its a sick co-worker and they both took it in good spirits...
But i feel uber stupid. lol
blush

Friggin hate answering the phone sober let alone dumbed down. Laughing
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5379
More Numbers : 4263942
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moments   Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:53 pm

Lolita Rose wrote:
Well, I was sitting in my Economics class, with my head leaning on one hand because I was too tired to sit up myself. I started drifting in and out of consciousness like usual. Usually I'll only doze off like that a few times then be awake.
Well, it turns out that I actually did fall asleep. (Along with a few other people in the class.) That wasn't so bad. The bad part was it had been very, very quiet in the room and apparently I'd been snoring rather loudly. I awoke to the teacher furiously scribbling away at a few detention slips.

Oh no!

A similar thing happened to me in college when I was still modelling. I was a student, so naturally I didn't get any sleep. There was one occasion when I was sitting for an exercise in drawing the face in profile, and I was drowsy, and I literally nodded off! It was just for a second, and I was mortified, but I regained my pose as best I could. At first I thought it went unnoticed, but I heard a few giggles that confirmed otherwise. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moments   

Back to top Go down

Embarrassing Moments
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1