HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

VNV Nation and white power

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Synth

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 578
: :
More Numbers : 4355433
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: VNV Nation and white power   Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:43 pm

It just shows what can be read into a song.

If you check the comments, oldest to newest then you can see their discussion about weather VNV are nazis *rolls eyes*

http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/3530822107858534376/2/DESC/#comment

Synth

xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cynfullov
star member

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
More Numbers : 4420094
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: VNV Nation and white power   Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:21 pm

I've read through almost all the comments. I so don't get any of that from the lyrics to that paticular song. I'm going to go look up VNV's website as soon as I'm able and see what that Waldemar is talking about. Just about any song lyrics can be interpreted to mean some thing totally off from anything that the song's writer was writting about.

But I still want to go take a look at VNV's webpage and see what is being referred to there. And if I feel that they are representing such a group of people I won't be listening to them anymore. You know this could also be someone that's totally against VNV and trying to make other people too. So you just never know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cynfullov
star member

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
More Numbers : 4420094
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: VNV Nation and white power   Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:52 pm

I went to the first page of comments to finish up reading all of them.

Page 1...

http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/3530822107858534376/1/DESC/#comment

Down the page aways, within a post from LaLaLogic, is a letter in reply from Ronan Harris shock to her having e~mailed VNV with a quest for information related to this subject.

Oh and I went'a Wikipedia~ing too! And that was so nice of Ronan at Infest 07' to dedicate one of their songs, Illusion to Sophie. It was also mentioned that soon after he got in touch with her family with his condolences. hug

~* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JWd-XRYVN4 *~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synth

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 578
More Numbers : 4355433
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: VNV Nation and white power   Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:13 pm

Don't worry kids!

"Hi there,

Thanks for writing.

To be honest, this is the first time I've heard of any fans being vocal about white supremacist views. I've seen arguments between people with very deeply held religious beliefs about the interpretation of songs but nothing akin to what you're telling us about.

I am sorry that your experience has given you cause to wonder about us. Even a cursory view of our lyrics would tell people that our message is a positive and benevolent one. It is a message of self betterment. It is humanist and it goes out to people all over the world. We have been on record saying this many times. Our fanbase includes people from a large number of ethnic backgrounds and nationalities, people from a large number of different religions, those with deeply held spiritual beliefs and those without, people with different political beliefs, lifestyles and sexual orientation. We are very proud of this. We are especially proud to know that our music and words provide a common meaning to such a wide variety of people.

Our music and its message are most definitely non exclusive and do not stem from or espouse an ideology or political message. What we don't want is to be promoted by anyone with an extremist view should it lead others to think that we share those views, whatever they may be. As for our line on fans with extreme views : In my travels, I have met many people through VNV Nation with views that would be called "extremist", both religious or political. Reading that, one might assume that I mean people with extreme right wing opinions or of European origin but It would surprise many to know that this is not the case not to mention the range of views that I have come across and from people of very different ethnic backgrounds and orientation. My line has always been that, people will hold whatever view they wish to hold, no matter what anyone has to say. BUT.. these views are their own and should not be promoted in conjunction with VNV Nation. We are quite categorical in that we do not share any extremist views of a racial, political or religious nature. One thing we definitely do not agree with is any message that promotes hatred. I welcome the chance for people to discuss their views in an orderly and intellectual manner in the appropriate setting. The world is full of differing views, but that does not mean people cannot discuss what they believe in an effort to learn more about one another and hopefully to come to a better point of view about the world.

Though it is a rare occurrence, it is not the first time Mark or I have been asked about our personal views on white supremacy. My answer has always been to suggest that those asking speak to our friends, in particular those who are gay or lesbian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist or of African descent. That might take a while as there are quite a few. Something similar to your question happened when we played at an Aids benefit and received emails asking if we were gay and advocate gay rights. This question came from people on both sides of the subject. We're advocates of nothing other than a world with a common goal of solving our mounting problems together, not throwing stones at one another and emphasising our differences.

I hope this answers your question.

regards,
Ronan"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VNV Nation and white power   

Back to top Go down

VNV Nation and white power
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1