HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Great news!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: :
More Numbers : 4535243
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Great news!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:35 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that honey. If you need to talk or vent or just need a "virtual" hug then you know where I am hug

Well, the Devil he taught us how to rock and then he turned us loose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPF
vip member

Scorpio Number of posts : 1678
: : Fashionista
More Numbers : 4426778
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Great news!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:45 pm

Siddicus Rex wrote:
The wedding never happened. I haven't been on here in a long time, but shortly after my grandfather died in September, my fiancee broke up with me.

I know how you feel. I had a fiance break up with me too and it almost destroyed my life. luckily I was a motivated person and knew that there were other good things in life like friends. I truly hope your road to emotional recovery doesn't take as long as mine still is.

My thoughts are with you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4529
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 4441562
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Great news!   Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:34 am

:`(

Well, if he broke up with you just after the death of your grandmother, he doesn't sound like a very good guy.

JJ_Decay

Sagittarius Number of posts : 347
More Numbers : 4406567
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Great news!   Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:51 pm

And this post started off so promisingly blast
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Siddicus Rex

Leo Rat
Number of posts : 126
More Numbers : 4436670
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Great news!   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:58 pm

Thanks, everyone. hug (Hugs for everyone)
I'm doing better now. I know my grandfather isn't suffering anymore. He had a stroke and died a couple months later. At least my family and I got to spend the time with him that we did. Far too frequently in the past couple of years did my ex or I know someone close to our ages who suddenly passed away. Far too often have I seen parents grieve the loss of a child.

As far as relationships go, I am glad that I didn't marry him. I don't think I'm ever going to get married. Even while engaged, I had a very cynical outlook on weddings and marriage. My parents divorced during my childhood. Getting married and starting a family never were things that I dwelled on or dreamed of. Being happy with myself is all that I've ever wanted.

I used to be unemployed (damn you, recession!) despite being a college grad. I started applying for seasonal jobs in retail. When handing an application back to one place where I used to work, right there at the counter was an old friend I worked with. He did a double take and gave me a big hug. He asked me to come back and pay him a visit, which I did. The next time I saw him, we exchanged phone numbers, and on the phone that evening, he asked me out. Things are going well with him. Smile

I ended up getting hired with the same job I had last time in a different location. This new place is much better. I proved my worth over the hectic holiday season and am now a permanent member of the staff. I am now looking into some other part-time job or internship that is more closely-related to my education and what I really want ultimately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedAngel
star member

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5383
More Numbers : 4270514
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Great news!   Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:29 pm

^^ I think your outlook on relationships is healthy. The love and strength in a relationship count much more than having a marriage license. I felt very much the same back when I was dating: the important part was to have a good thing going, and what the future held, the future held.

Glad to hear things are going well with the rediscovered friend. Smile And with the job situation!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great news!   

Back to top Go down

Great news!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2