HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
by Ginger_Snaps Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:30 pm

» Where the meat don't hang out...
by Ginger_Snaps Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:54 pm

» I feel Happy
by endless dark Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:49 pm

» Music Video's To Share...
by Spooky Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:43 pm

» Whats the Last CD you Bought??
by Spooky Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:30 pm

» What Game Are You Playing?
by Spooky Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:28 pm

» Random Thoughts
by Spooky Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:25 pm

» What's The Last Movie You Saw?
by endless dark Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:29 pm

» Peter Steele
by RedAngel Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:55 am

» What Are You Listening To Now?
by Tempest Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:27 pm

» Dream Thread
by Tempest Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:24 pm

» Podcasts
by Spooky Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:05 pm

» Bizarre News
by ravengrim Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:36 am

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
I feel Happy
What is everyone doing at the mo?
The funny pages
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The Official Birthday thread!
What's The Last Movie You Saw?
Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Recent Acquisitions Thread
Similar topics

Share | 

Television Closure: Do you need it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:49 am

The hosts for the 2008 "Queen of the Damned" Ball (and 2009 "Blood and Gold" Ball) post the following random blog:

Quote :
December 6, 2008 - Saturday

Once more, with feeling.

So, who's missing their Buffy right now? It seems to be a trend right now that folks are craving a Buffy reunion.

Anyone?

Do you need closure, beyond a comic book?

And I got to thinking... yes, closure for this show would be nice... though Angel needs it more so than Buffy.
Joss Whedon did a movie for his show "Firefly" which was... simply amazing... so why not for Angel and Buffy?

And what about all those other shows that just got canceled for whatever reason without a real ending? Shows that had an ongoing theme/story but got canceled and you're left wondering "what was supposed to happen next?" It's been done countless times and will continue to do so as soon as a show hits a slight slump the network big wigs will cut it.

So of all the shows past and "present" what would you like to see have "a few more episodes" or, at the very least, a movie to wrap things up for?

"Land of the Lost" is just one of many to come to mind... (70s and 90s version)
whistle
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6431
: : Fearless Leader
: :
More Numbers : 4498984
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:10 am

Angel needs some kind of closure, I still remember how it ended and I've only seen the ending the first time it was shown... What the hell kind of ending was that!?! You don't even know if any of them survive or which side wins, you don't even get to see the dragon for crying out loud...

Buffy could use a little something too, I mean really, that ending was a little wide open too although not as much as angel... Give every girl in the world that ever could have had a chance to be the slayer the powers of the slayer, ok but now theres a bunch of super strong and confused girls because there are no watchers to guide them... seems to me a few of them might not do anything with that, a few might go super villan like faith, seems to me theres work right there and they did mention there being more than one "hell mouth" and we don't even know what happens to them when they leave so Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.darkrealm13.com

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

For Buffy, the comics are doing a demi-decent job (at least to the point I read to before I got side tracked with Life, School, and Work...) but it's getting a bit "too crazy" with their limitless possibilities.
I think Angel could wrap everything up with a movie a la "Serenity" but Buffy's closure would best be done with a third/new series called "Slayers" or something... though gods pleasure don't use too much of the comic book plots for it - something entirely different that picks up shortly after where Buffy ended.

Will say this though... I was quite pleased to see Warren's return. naughty
Gotta love Wicked Willow's work...
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1419
More Numbers : 4392021
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:52 pm

The Comic has done a great job filling in gaps and carrying on the storylines. But I'd love to see a film to carry on the mythos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fetishfactory.com
velvet spider

Number of posts : 246
More Numbers : 4216181
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:54 am

I would've enjoyed another season of Pushing Daisies. With a bolt of renewed creativity I think the quirky goings-on at the Pie Hole could've gone on a bit longer and continued being just as successful. spider
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7179
: : The Fallen Angel
More Numbers : 4504534

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:33 pm

Oddly Enough........................................................................................................
Not exciting by any means and just a rumor at this point in time but,I guess it could be interesting if done right.
'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Movie Could Be on the Way

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
More Numbers : 4497158

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:43 pm

Now that would be cool. As cheesy as that show was, I still loved it.
And Charmed grin I love Charmed!

Gemini Number of posts : 5252
: : Satan's cheerleader
More Numbers : 4495851

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:34 pm

ravengrim wrote:
Oddly Enough........................................................................................................
Not exciting by any means and just a rumor at this point in time but,I guess it could be interesting if done right.
'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Movie Could Be on the Way

I have to confess that I loved Buffy but they would have to get Spike just right otherwise I just wouldn't bother drool

Well, the Devil he taught us how to rock and then he turned us loose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
More Numbers : 4497158

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:53 pm

Aww Spike. The things he did for Buffy.

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:49 am

Season Four Could Be Supernatural's Last!
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

sad or frown
At least...
Quote :
Eric Kripke was indeed preparing a series ending climax that would wrap everything up.
...so Supernatural wont be one of these shows that just "end" and we're left wondering "what happens next..." but also...
Quote :
f there is a last minute pick-up, he does have a cliffhanger waiting in the wings that will be added at the last second.
it could go on...
Quote :
And that season five would for sure be the show's last.

Either way, if it ends this season or next... at least we'll have a proper ending and not one needing television closure. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:31 am

I never thought it'd happen...
I just never would have thought it...
Apparently one of my favorite shows a few years back is finally getting closure after being off air for nearly five years now.

Dead Like Me: Life After Death
Quote :
After the departure of Rube Sofer, a new head reaper named Cameron Kane takes over. He's a slick businessman who couldn't care less about helping the newly dead. Chaos ensues and brings out the worst in Daisy and Mason who begin drinking anew. George and Reggie re-connect for the first time when George reaps a new friend of Reggie's.

This appears to be a direct-to-dvd movie with a release date of February 17th, 2009 (seven days! woohoo!)
Also...

Quote :
If all goes well, Cohen sees more Dead Like Me movies, or perhaps even another television series. "If it’s a series of movies that’s fine. If someone saw it and thinks it makes sense to bring it back as an episodic tv series, we’re open to anything," he said.

I do wonder though what sparked this...
For starters, I wasn't aware "Dead Like Me" was popular enough to receive such attention warranting a means for "closure".
Secondly, this is the third show to do something like this. Coincidence?
"Serenity" was made for the series "Firefly". It was pretty awesome, in my opinion.
However, the biggest series to do this was when "Stargate SG1" was cancelled by SciFi - since then they've continued the series with two movies ("Stargate: The Ark of Truth" and "Stargate: Continuum") with a third on the way. Also, now that "Stargate: Atlantis" was cancelled at least one movie (with plans for more) is being made with a 2009 dvd release also.

Can we expect this trend to continue, especially with the addition of another television-to-movie release? I hope so.
Now would definitely be the best opportunity for Joss Whedon to get "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel" a movie opt. *fingers crossed*
But hopefully the train doesn't stop here or there...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   

Back to top Go down

Television Closure: Do you need it?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1