HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Psi and Sang vamps

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Synth

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 578
: :
More Numbers : 4434213
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Psi and Sang vamps   Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:50 pm

What are peoples believes based around Psi and Sang vamps?

Synth

xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4571
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
More Numbers : 4528169
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:55 am

Ok this topic just got shorter hehe. kooky

Has anyone watched the 12th season of South Park called "The Ungroundables" where a group of Psi/Sang/Blood Vamps come to town and Butters joins there cult. The other Goths in the show are treated as if they were Vampire's and so on to which they get annoyed about (as some Goth's do) it and destroy the main head Vampire guy. It was just re-freshing to see a show differ Vampire's from Goth's for a change instead of treating them the exact same ps Hot Topic was also used in this episode. I've got a link at home if anyone wants to watch it.

In the Hot Goth thread I did watch the Tyra show about the 3 kinds of Vamps and I seriously believe in Psi Vampire's. A good book to read is the "Vampire Codex" by Michelle Belanger (which has just gone missing from my room - bet my mum has stolen it) which gives you an in-depth account of how Psi Vampire's retrieve energy by any means. I've not really read up much about Sang or Blood Vampire's im sure someone here can enlighten us.

Plus another book to look out for regarding Psi Vamps is the Asetian Bible and also the Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey which gives the first mention of the Psychic Vampire in the 1960's I think it was. - Some useless info for ya haha.

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4528
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 4438935
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:00 am

Simple answer, no.

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:53 am

I've always found Psi Vampires to be quite interesting... especially since I stumbled across one on the Astral Plane once. Fun stuff.

As for my personal thoughts... I'm curious about them, interested, and would love to learn more. Definitely going to have to check out that Vampire Codex (thanks Vampira! heart) and see what all I can learn.
The down side is Finals are approaching and my mind and body are so spread thin I don't think I can force myself to read/learn for pleasure no matter how badly I need and want to.
sad or frown

Ah well, maybe later..
Back to top Go down
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:12 pm

Here is the video I was on about in my earlier post... http://sps12e-14.blogspot.com/

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
More Numbers : 4371763
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:34 pm

I do believe in the psi vamp bit. As one of those weird new agey spiritual types, I find it to be a pretty believable thing in my book, though I will also be the first to say that scientifically it doesn't make sense... but neither does the notion of a higher power, so I suppose my belief isn't totally insane! :p

However, I am unsure about the sang thing. I have friends who consume blood, but it is more out of lust and fetishes than anything else. I do believe that blood does have very strong spiritual properties, though I do not know how this plays out in the whole "vampire" thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morwenna
star member

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
More Numbers : 4434287

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:39 pm

I believe in the psy vampires. There are some people that can walk into a room and suck all the energy out of it. It's hard to function around those types.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synth

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:46 am

DarkDreamer wrote:

However, I am unsure about the sang thing. I have friends who consume blood, but it is more out of lust and fetishes than anything else. I do believe that blood does have very strong spiritual properties, though I do not know how this plays out in the whole "vampire" thing.

One theory is that they are just not very good a Psy feeding and because blood is strongly charged in spiritual energy by consuming it they also consume the energy. This sounds like Renfield's syndrome typed allowed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alenuska

Capricorn Pig
Number of posts : 270
More Numbers : 4431556
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:53 am

Another book id recommend checking out also by michelle belleanger is Vampires in their own words with accounts of various psi vampire and sanguins but note they tend to be pretty down on goths. Also Vampires among us by rosemary Guiley.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synth

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:12 am

Alenuska wrote:
but note they tend to be pretty down on goths. Guiley.

Yeah I think thats due to the whole fancy dress up element people get from vampires and what not. maybe they blame disbelief on that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alenuska

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:15 am

Synth wrote:
Alenuska wrote:
but note they tend to be pretty down on goths. Guiley.

Yeah I think thats due to the whole fancy dress up element people get from vampires and what not. maybe they blame disbelief on that?

I think your right but lets face it theres quite a few goths who hate vampires too and being associated with anything vampire so it's a bit of a double bladed edge. Oh here's a link I came across you may find interesting or not but i thought i would share them with you.

http://www.veritasvosliberabit.com/newscalendar.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4528
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 4438935
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:39 am

Alenuska wrote:

I think your right but lets face it theres quite a few goths who hate vampires too and being associated with anything vampire so it's a bit of a double bladed edge.

Just look at my signature.

Alenuska

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:35 pm

I came across a few new things regarding psi and sand vampirism

Due out in may 2009 on amazon is a book called

Vampires Today: The Truth About Modern Vampirism
By Joseph Laycock, MTS Harvard University

Also recently a 2005 documentry was just released on dvd called National vampires. you can find more about it here. http://www.nationalvampire.com/main.htm

Anyways has anyone else read Montague Summers The vampire Kith and Kin?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5252
: : Satan's cheerleader
More Numbers : 4532615

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:37 pm

Alenuska wrote:
I came across a few new things regarding psi and sand vampirism

Due out in may 2009 on amazon is a book called

Vampires Today: The Truth About Modern Vampirism
By Joseph Laycock, MTS Harvard University

Also recently a 2005 documentry was just released on dvd called National vampires. you can find more about it here. http://www.nationalvampire.com/main.htm

Thanks for that sweetie. Sounds really interesting and something to brighten up the New Year

Well, the Devil he taught us how to rock and then he turned us loose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:40 pm

Alenuska wrote:

Its a shame that its only about American Vampire's what about the rest of the world?

Alenuska wrote:

I found this link for it... http://www.unicorngarden.com/vampires.htm

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:47 pm

Your very welcome Wenz if I come across anything neat or any events I feel should be posted ill share them. Lately i've been reading quite alot on Romanian vampire folk lore.

I agree vampira its a real shame they do not include the europe scene i'm very curious what London Vampires are like or British vampires. Mind you I dont imagine you get many with Sean manchester the vampire hunter general running about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:51 pm

He's a very very bad man!
Mad

I adore European vampire lore - the place seems made for it with the dark forests and imposing castles

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alenuska

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:59 pm

Sorry Wenz the comment about Sean was ment to be a bit of a joke! I wrongly assumed you might get a giggle out of my mentioning him especially with high gate being a very well known vampire case. I may email you a book a friend sent me about some European folk lore I think you may find it interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:02 pm

Sweetheart my comment was meant in the spirit in which you intended it hug

That would be superb, thank you so much xx

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPF
vip member

Scorpio Number of posts : 1678
: : Fashionista
More Numbers : 4424152
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:45 pm

Vampira132 wrote:
Ok this topic just got shorter hehe. kooky

Has anyone watched the 12th season of South Park called "The Ungroundables" where a group of Psi/Sang/Blood Vamps come to town and Butters joins there cult. The other Goths in the show are treated as if they were Vampire's and so on to which they get annoyed about (as some Goth's do) it and destroy the main head Vampire guy. It was just re-freshing to see a show differ Vampire's from Goth's for a change instead of treating them the exact same ps Hot Topic was also used in this episode. I've got a link at home if anyone wants to watch it.

In the Hot Goth thread I did watch the Tyra show about the 3 kinds of Vamps and I seriously believe in Psi Vampire's. A good book to read is the "Vampire Codex" by Michelle Belanger (which has just gone missing from my room - bet my mum has stolen it) which gives you an in-depth account of how Psi Vampire's retrieve energy by any means. I've not really read up much about Sang or Blood Vampire's im sure someone here can enlighten us.

Plus another book to look out for regarding Psi Vamps is the Asetian Bible and also the Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey which gives the first mention of the Psychic Vampire in the 1960's I think it was. - Some useless info for ya haha.

Haha Love that episode of south park!!!! And those vamp kids are just silly to me, drinking tomato juice. haha

As far as psi vamps go, I think its more of a mental thing. I things scientists/psychiatrists should research it more.

And sang vampires, I know that's real. This is a good book - Piercing the Darkness: Undercover with Vampires in America Today.

As far as the vampyre scene goes, I have met some people in my area who are in it. They are sang vamps. There just regular people who happen to consume blood. Some of them look gothic, and some dress like the girl/boy next door. However, I have also met people who live like they are/think they are Dracula. They only come out at night and they have fangs. But to me it does not seem practical to do that when work/jobs/life happens in the day. Its more of a fantasy thing, I think.

As far as the consumption of blood, its simple to most - Its good. But to some its like a spiritual connection. Many put their own symbolism to it and have their beliefs. Some follow the Black Veil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synth

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:59 pm

The reason there is little information about Brit or Euro Vamps of any form is there are few or no houses and covens and most are lone and know very few other vamps.

Heres my attempt at a summary

Premises

-A dualist view on reality (physical and metaphysical)
-ability to connect and interact with this metaphysical realm
-need to connect or interact with other's metaphysical bodies

Types

Then Psi takes a more direct route using the metaphysical to start with, meditation, visualisation, astral projection and so forth.

Sang also uses the premise that these two realities interconnect and the blood has a high manifestation of the metaphysical and so they connect and interact in this way.

Why?

The general consensus is for some form of nutrition, generaly convieced as metaphysical but strongly effecting the physical.

This could be explained by suggesting these beings are particually linked between the physical and metaphysical.

Also one could suggest that perhaps it is an inabilty to do this naturaly and unconciously as most normal humans do. And so they must do this concously. Eg we all interact with one annother's engeries

Annother suggestion could be that there is a deficiany and thus a need for this form of feeding.

Effects

Doners

This ranges from fatigue to hyperness here is a list this is by no means definitive

-hunger
-fatigue
-arousal
-exitement
-connection to a higher entity or realm
-bliss
-closeness to vamp

The effects are generaly neutural, possitive or reveased easily by napping or eating. But if one is drained too deeply then things can go wrong.

Vamps

Again these range widely

-Drowsyness
-fatigue
-hunger
-hightened awareness
-buzzing
-a high
-closeness to donor
-connection to a higher entity or realm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alenuska

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:17 pm

I'm really surprised you know about the black Veil SPF you seem to have some good insight into what its all about I admit and seem to have had similar experiences regarding the people. And its as you say quite a few are like the guy or girl next door and hold decent jobs then of course there are those others who sort of legend trip and dress up alah Don henry style.

And there's the other extream to. Piercing the darkness by Katherine ramsland was interesting although I'm not sure what to think about her story regarding the fellow called Wraith. and what ever happened to Susan Walsh she never does some to any sort of conclusion if i remember correctly.

However I did enjoy a book called vampires among us it did offer a unique look at some of the European and British vampires. It's a book by Rose Mary Guiley.

And you make some great points Syn I still find it amazing to believe there are no houses. Also another person who was said to have experience with Psi vampires is Aliester Crowly but that shouldnt come as a surprise to anyone who's done a bit of research.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
endless dark
admin

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6438
: : Fearless Leader
More Numbers : 4535754

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:34 pm

I think this is all I will say in this thread... Stay far away from the black veil, there is nothing good there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.darkrealm13.com
Alenuska

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:38 pm

May I ask your reasoning behind that Endless?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synth

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:38 pm

Alenuska wrote:

And you make some great points Syn I still find it amazing to believe there are no houses. Also another person who was said to have experience with Psi vampires is Aliester Crowly but that shouldnt come as a surprise to anyone who's done a bit of research.

There are US houses and covens but I know very little about any British ones if there are any sad or frown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psi and Sang vamps   

Back to top Go down

Psi and Sang vamps
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next