HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Obama Not a US Citizen

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: :
More Numbers : 4663417
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Obama Not a US Citizen   Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:38 pm

All right you guys,we've all had our say here.
Try to remain civil with each other here or I will start taking back my title of scary mod from Moonraven.

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alenuska

Capricorn Pig
Number of posts : 270
More Numbers : 4553665
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Obama Not a US Citizen   Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:38 pm

I was not calling you a racist I was merely asking what his race had to do with it as it seemed like a pretty weak argument to claim favoritism based on his being black. Especially in the media which happens to be fairly conservative if you watch cnn. My question as to your location was I admit to try to better understand your political stance as many people from the south not to try to generalize here tend to be quite conservative and religious in there views.

but to be fair you can dislike democrats if i can dislike republicans and the war on terror and bush's use of his religion in politics and the various lies they've peddled

and by the way I did not lie nor did I claim you to be a racist if you feel I did that's your problem just like your welcome to feel I contribute little to your popularity contest Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
More Numbers : 4559853
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Obama Not a US Citizen   Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:43 pm

In her defense, I am from detroit and it is a big thing here. I'm not saying race really matters, but I am saying that seems to be what a lot of people around here are talking about. "I want to vote for a brotha because then maybe I'll get a lil respect round here." In no way am I quoting that to be rude, it is what I have heard several races say in the past few months.

With Palin, she is a minority not because of race, but because of the fact she is a woman. I think it is great that with this election we have such diversity. I stick to my statement that I back un McCain and Palin because of their views and I want them in office. At the same time akasha has a point when she says the democrates have a different view because they do. They have something new to offer on the ballot just like republicans do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
Morwenna
star member

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
More Numbers : 4556396
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Obama Not a US Citizen   Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:44 pm

Fair enough Akasha, but honestly, everything Alenuska said was political. Saying that Obama is popular because he's black sounds like something a racist southerner would say. Even if you didn't intend to say that (and I understand that wasn't your intent), that was the impression you gave.

Quote :
Especially in the media which happens to be fairly conservative if you watch cnn.
True, FOX is like that too.

I find it so funny that American conservatives think that Obama is such a radical left wing liberal, when the rest of the world sees him as a conservative centralist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
La Diva Carlotta
supernova

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
More Numbers : 4562027

PostSubject: Re: Obama Not a US Citizen   Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:46 pm

Alenuska wrote:
I was not calling you a racist I was merely asking what his race had to do with it as it seemed like a pretty weak argument to claim favoritism based on his being black. Especially in the media which happens to be fairly conservative if you watch cnn. My question as to your location was I admit to try to better understand your political stance as many people from the south not to try to generalize here tend to be quite conservative and religious in there views.

but to be fair you can dislike democrats if i can dislike republicans and the war on terror and bush's use of his religion in politics and the various lies they've peddled

and by the way I did not lie nor did I claim you to be a racist if you feel I did that's your problem just like your welcome to feel I contribute little to your popularity contest Smile

exactly good point Thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Obama Not a US Citizen   Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:51 pm

Morwenna wrote:
I find it so funny that American conservatives think that Obama is such a radical left wing liberal, when the rest of the world sees him as a conservative centralist.

Show me proof of this. Who is this "rest of the world"..?

From everything I find, he definitely is more liberal than Ted Kennedy.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12122006/news/nationalnews/barackground_info_nationalnews_ian_bishop.htm

The polls Dems are rooting for so much right now prove it.
Back to top Go down
Morwenna
star member

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Obama Not a US Citizen   Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:02 pm

Hmmmm....
http://www.prospect-magazine.co.uk/article_details.php?id=9988

This is pretty interesting-
http://www.squidoo.com/liberalvsconservative

I'm mostly talking about Europe-
Quote :
According to Girvetz and Minogue writing in Encyclopædia Britannica, "contemporary liberalism has come to represent different things to Americans and Europeans: In the United States it is associated with the welfare-state policies of the New Deal program of Democratic President Franklin D. Roosevelt, whereas in Europe liberals are more commonly conservative in their political and economic outlook."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_liberalism_in_the_United_States#American_versus_European_use_of_the_term_.22liberalism.22

You are right. Obama IS a liberal according to the American definition, but he is conservative according to the European definition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Obama Not a US Citizen   Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:10 pm

^I think you might have misunderstood me a bit.

I acknowledge that words mean different things depending on the location they are being used in, and what they are being used in reference to.

I realize one can be a liberal without being a Democrat, that one could be a conservative without being Republican, and so forth. (I myself am rather liberal on certain views, such as gay unions (which I support) and physician assisted suicide (which I support in certain dire cases).

I was merely saying... the polls for Obama show that he has been rated at 100, versus Ted Kennedy, who was 95. Thus, he is considered more liberal than Kennedy was.

EDIT: Ahh yes, I get what you are saying. Wink
Back to top Go down
Morwenna
star member

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Obama Not a US Citizen   Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:14 pm

Oh yes, I never said he was a conservative by American standards by any means. I think we agree on this. I was just answering your question "Show me proof of this. Who is this "rest of the world"..?" by finding evidence to back up my claim that he is considered conservative by European standards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Obama Not a US Citizen   Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:07 pm

^Understood and agreed. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama Not a US Citizen   

Back to top Go down

Obama Not a US Citizen
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3