HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Armenian police target teenage rock cult

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7179
: : The Fallen Angel
: :
More Numbers : 4499282
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Armenian police target teenage rock cult   Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:35 pm

Link

When police officers arrived at 13-year-old Masha's home, searched her room and inspected her computer, it was not because they suspected her of any crime.

Her offence was simply to be a devoted follower of the angst-ridden punk-rock subculture known as 'emo', in an ex-Soviet state where pressures to conform remain strong.

"It was offensive and frightening at the same time," said Masha, a schoolgirl in the Armenian capital, clearly upset by the experience.

Police in Yerevan have been conducting a campaign against the capital's small but controversial emo community since the recent suicides of two teenagers who were rumoured to have been emo fans.

They claim that the subculture represents a threat to young people's welfare.

Officers have visited schools, searched pupils whose distinctive clothing marks them out as possible 'emos', and mounted surveillance on public places where young people gather.

Several fans have been detained for questioning, despite the lack of any specific legislation against the musical genre or its followers.

The story continues at the link.

I know it isn't about us pre se but it's got to be frightening to be under surveillance for wearing what you wear or listening to what you listen to.

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
More Numbers : 4491906
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Armenian police target teenage rock cult   Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:08 am

That's friggin' nuts. Just because of the music she listens to??
Geez.

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4522
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 4396914
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Armenian police target teenage rock cult   Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:01 am

"We're doing it for the children." That mentality sometimes gets impractically annoying.

ani raina

Taurus Number of posts : 39
More Numbers : 3445350
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Armenian police target teenage rock cult   Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:08 am

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
"We're doing it for the children." That mentality sometimes gets impractically annoying.
yep...i hate that lame excuse! This reminds me of an anti-goth page i came across yesterday....www.godhatesgoths.com if u go decide 2 go....b prepared 2 read some crazy sh*t!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4522
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 4396914
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Armenian police target teenage rock cult   Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:24 am

ani raina wrote:
Ginger_Snaps wrote:
yep...i hate that lame excuse! This reminds me of an anti-goth page i came across yesterday....www.godhatesgoths.com if u go decide 2 go....b prepared 2 read some crazy sh*t!

Just so you know, that is a parody site. Somewhere there is a disclaimer stating as such.

ani raina

Taurus Number of posts : 39
More Numbers : 3445350
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Armenian police target teenage rock cult   Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:40 am

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
ani raina wrote:
Ginger_Snaps wrote:

Just so you know, that is a parody site. Somewhere there is a disclaimer stating as such.
:o really? Phew! Site looked official but....yay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morwenna
star member

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
More Numbers : 4392271
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Armenian police target teenage rock cult   Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:47 pm

It is indeed a parody site, but all parodies make fun of something right? It's making fun of legit websites called godhatesfags.com and godhatesamerican.com, both are by the hate group Westboro Baptist Church. Godhatesgoths.com is essentially the same as these other websites, it's not really exaggerating when it makes fun of the things that are said on the legit websites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Armenian police target teenage rock cult   

Back to top Go down

Armenian police target teenage rock cult
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1