HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Multi-Memorial

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spooky
vip member

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1413
: :
More Numbers : 4233144
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Multi-Memorial    Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:06 pm

This past Saturday I drove into Philadelphia to take part for Acid-Fest, a memorial show organized by friends, fans and colleagues of professional wrestler and Micheal "Trent Acid" Verdi. Trent had been found in his home last month, and his peers wished to help his family with the cost of the funeral. Aside from WWE star John Cena sending gifts, and workers from all over the country coming to Philly from as far away as Florida and California, and working for free while giving donations; the $10 each fan gave to attend raised nearly $8000 alone. It was easily one of most heart felt tributes I've been a part of, and really displayed how much Trent meant to a lot of people. He was a treat to be around, and we miss him.

Harvey Pekar, author of the comic American Splendor, died yesterday. The true hometown hero of the city of Cleveland, isn't some overpaid man-diva who's a selfish poor sportsman. It was a quiet, quirky man who allowed America and then eventually the world to glimpse into the life of an ordinary man facing worldly turmoil with a sardonic outlook on life.

Plus interestingly enough, the longtime voice of Yankee Stadium PA system Bob Sheppard died at 99 last week, then the owner of the Yankees, George Steinbrenner dies of heart attack this morning at teh age of 80.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fetishfactory.com
cynfullov
star member

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
More Numbers : 4303237
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Multi-Memorial    Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:32 pm

candles ... candles ... candles .... candles
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedAngel
star member

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5374
More Numbers : 4072240
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Multi-Memorial    Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:48 pm

candles Been a rough year for losses, but at least we can talk about them here (without being accused of being depressing).

By the way, Spooky, great work on the fundraiser.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Multi-Memorial    Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:03 pm

candles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multi-Memorial    

Back to top Go down

Multi-Memorial
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1