HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Goth shop owner robbed bank and gave cash to poor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: :
More Numbers : 5053378
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Goth shop owner robbed bank and gave cash to poor   Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:46 pm

The owner of a goth shop dressed in black leather and robbed £6,750 from a bank, before handing it out in a sandwich bar saying: "You are good people, help yourselves."

Frater Osiris Xnoubis, from Eastbourne, East Sussex, who was suffering from depression at the time, then handed himself to police. He admitted robbery. Yesterday Hove Crown Court jailed him for three-and-a-half years.

That was an abbriveated version I'm sure.
I'm going to look for a longer ,more substansial version of this story.
If nothing else I'm sure it would be even more intresting if it had more details.

Edit,the longer version
Goth robber jailed for bizarre Eastbourne bank job

1:20pm Saturday 28th November 2009

A goth robber held up a bank but then gave away all the money he had stolen.

Frater Osiris Xnoubis was dressed from head to foot in black leather when he carried out the bizarre robbery.

He handed a note to terrified cashier Laura Sulling telling her he was armed and demanded she hand over the cash in her till.

Xnoubis, a Pagan worshipper, stuffed £6,570 into a bag and told her to “have a nice day” before calmly walking out of the HSBC branch in Terminus Road, Eastbourne.

He walked a few yards to The Gildridge pub where he handed barmaid Gemma Clark a £20 note for a bottle of beer and told her to keep the change.

After downing his drink he left and went to nearby Harrisons sandwich bar.

He handed the bag of cash to astonished owner Clive Benneys, who was also his landlord, saying: “You are good people, help yourselves.”

Xnoubis left the shop and promptly went to the police station in Grove Road where he confessed to the robbery.

At Hove Crown court yesterday, Xnoubis, of Glynde Road, Eastbourne, was jailed for three-and-a-half years after pleading guilty to robbery.

Justin Rivett, defending, said Xnoubis had a knife hidden on him during the robbery but did not show it to bank staff.

He said a psychiatric report confirmed Xnoubis was suffering from depression but was not mentally ill.

Nice how they call him a pagan worshiper,like that's why he did what he did.

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Goth shop owner robbed bank and gave cash to poor   Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:23 pm

A pagan worshipper? As in he worships pagans? Laughing

Though seriously, that was an un-needed detail. It just singles out those of other religions.
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
More Numbers : 5010944
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Goth shop owner robbed bank and gave cash to poor   Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:03 am

Since when do the poor hang out at sandwich shops?

It was still wrong of him never the less. And it wasn't nescessary to add in the pagan worshiper part. I wonder if he really is pagan or they just dubbed him that on'a count of him being Goth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maxmordon
star member

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
More Numbers : 4939848
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Goth shop owner robbed bank and gave cash to poor   Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:08 am

Yes, he was noble. But not so noble when we say he stole the money of some bank (hence, people's money that did not deserve it) to give it to the poor at sandwhich stores.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
More Numbers : 5044687

PostSubject: Re: Goth shop owner robbed bank and gave cash to poor   Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:30 pm

Good for him! clap

The way he's described doesn't bother me in the slightest - the media is always labelling people because by doing so it makes it easier to see them less as a valid human being and more as a "monster".

I just hope that he doesn't have a difficult time in prison for being "different"

Well, the Devil he taught us how to rock and then he turned us loose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 4951024
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Goth shop owner robbed bank and gave cash to poor   Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:32 pm

I kinda want to applaud him for his Robbin Hood effort.

helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
More Numbers : 5044687

PostSubject: Re: Goth shop owner robbed bank and gave cash to poor   Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:33 pm

Me too!

The Government steals from every one of us every day but none of them are ever punished for it

Well, the Devil he taught us how to rock and then he turned us loose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPF
vip member

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
More Numbers : 4936223
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Goth shop owner robbed bank and gave cash to poor   Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:50 pm

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
I kinda want to applaud him for his Robbin Hood effort.

I was thinking the same thing. Goth robinhood with black tights.

However, he did take peoples money and I am sure most of those people worked hard for that money that was stolen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alenuska

Capricorn Pig
Number of posts : 270
More Numbers : 4943626
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Goth shop owner robbed bank and gave cash to poor   Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:00 pm

Sadly it just gives people one more reason to dispise us bravo for the spirit of charity however theres other ways to give to the needy... I'm also disapointed he was in black leather and not pvc...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedAngel
star member

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
More Numbers : 4779959
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Goth shop owner robbed bank and gave cash to poor   Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:08 pm

SPF wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Goth robinhood with black tights.

However, he did take peoples money and I am sure most of those people worked hard for that money that was stolen.

Alenuska wrote:
Sadly it just gives people one more reason to dispise us bravo for the spirit of charity however theres other ways to give to the needy... I'm also disapointed he was in black leather and not pvc...

I agree with SPF and Alenuska. Even on the PVC. Wink

It does sound like a romantic Robin Hood idea, but I have to be honest, it's still not all right. He used intimidation (i.e. scaring the bank teller) to do his "good deed," not to mention other people's money. And this close to the holidays, I'd want to do some damage to anyone who tried to make off with my (Christmas and bill and mortgage) money now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
More Numbers : 5053378

PostSubject: Re: Goth shop owner robbed bank and gave cash to poor   Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:49 pm

Goth robber writes from his prison cell

December 2009
A GOTH bank robber who stole more than £6,500 from the HSBC while having a 13-inch knife in his jacket and then handed it out in a sandwich shop has written a letter to the Herald from his prison cell.
Frater Osiris Xnoubis, known as Fox because of his initials, carried out the robbery in Terminus Road bank on September 1.
He then went for a drink in the Gildredge Pub before taking the bag of cash to Harrisons sandwich shop.
In court it was said that Xnoubis put the carrier bag of notes on the sandwich shop table and said, "You are all good people, help yourselves."
However, a letter received from the 39-year-old – who is serving a three-and-a-half year sentence – says, "I did not say to help yourselves, I said to claim the reward, if any."
He also seeks to explain the three knives found in his room in Glynde Avenue.
In the letter he said, "I have never said I used the three weapons for pagan rituals. The knife involved was my camping knife, the samurai knife was given to me by my brother last Christmas and the four-inch blade is in fact my 'athame' and was safely put away with the rest of my things to do with my religion."
Meanwhile, the owner of an Eastbourne shop mentioned in the report of the case in last week's Herald wants to remove the 'goth shop' label due to a 'stigma around goth' and describes her shop as 'alternative streetwear'.
Angel Darkside, owner of The Darkside, which is opposite the station, said she has spent the past three years trying to remove the goth description from her shop.
She said, "We're here for everybody who likes something different."
Ms Darkside said that Xnoubis had only ever helped at the shop as a volunteer and was never employed.
She added, "What he did had nothing to do with The Darkside."

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goth shop owner robbed bank and gave cash to poor   

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1