HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

From the bizarre to the ridiculous: How music fans made a statement at the world's biggest Goth festival

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cynfullov
star member

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: :
More Numbers : 4466049
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: From the bizarre to the ridiculous: How music fans made a statement at the world's biggest Goth festival   Sat May 30, 2009 10:08 pm

Wave Gothic Festival

Some of that said in that article wasn't very nice.

headbang Loving the pics though! heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: From the bizarre to the ridiculous: How music fans made a statement at the world's biggest Goth festival   Sat May 30, 2009 10:13 pm

I just saved the pic with the black hair gal with red in her hair........the fishnets.......sorry but I'm a guy and that was hot!!!!!!!! grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From the bizarre to the ridiculous: How music fans made a statement at the world's biggest Goth festival   Sat May 30, 2009 10:35 pm

Yeah, the comments are none too nice, but the pictures are great!
Back to top Go down
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
More Numbers : 4338938
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: From the bizarre to the ridiculous: How music fans made a statement at the world's biggest Goth festival   Sat May 30, 2009 11:07 pm

Those images are absolutely beautiful!

I really love the Victorian and Rococo inspired outfits... but all of the images are just so beautiful!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
La Diva Carlotta
supernova

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7857
More Numbers : 4407086
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: From the bizarre to the ridiculous: How music fans made a statement at the world's biggest Goth festival   Sat May 30, 2009 11:23 pm

Loved the pics! I thought the comments were funny. tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPF
vip member

Scorpio Number of posts : 1678
: : Fashionista
More Numbers : 4391327
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: From the bizarre to the ridiculous: How music fans made a statement at the world's biggest Goth festival   Sat May 30, 2009 11:31 pm

Fantastic Photos
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7179
: : The Fallen Angel
More Numbers : 4508473
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: From the bizarre to the ridiculous: How music fans made a statement at the world's biggest Goth festival   Sun May 31, 2009 12:46 am

It was so nice to see that.
I love seeing people all dressed to the nines.
grin

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky
vip member

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1419
More Numbers : 4395960
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: From the bizarre to the ridiculous: How music fans made a statement at the world's biggest Goth festival   Sun May 31, 2009 11:10 am

It's crazy for me to imagine at this day and age, people still have that "shocked" reaction to the way some people dress and how they have a good time. All those theatrical and good-humored people seem just happy to be out and about and dressed up, good for them. A 4-day show sounds like a hoot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fetishfactory.com
RedAngel
star member

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5374
More Numbers : 4235052
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: From the bizarre to the ridiculous: How music fans made a statement at the world's biggest Goth festival   Sun May 31, 2009 9:31 pm

^^ I know. People make fun because they don't understand, so they feel intimidated. But it still surprises me how easily intimidated people can be.

The photos (from what I can see of them; I'm on the laptop, so many don't want to load) are great -- had I been there, I'd have been so visually distracted I'd be dizzy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4522
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 4406105
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: From the bizarre to the ridiculous: How music fans made a statement at the world's biggest Goth festival   Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:02 am

Those pictures make me jealous and want to drool; at the same time, I feel so ungoth. Meh, oh well.

RedAngel
star member

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5374
More Numbers : 4235052
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: From the bizarre to the ridiculous: How music fans made a statement at the world's biggest Goth festival   Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:04 am

^^ The festival is probably a chance for them to crank up their goth factor, though, kind of like Renfaires are a chance to put on the fairy wings you wouldn't necessarily wear to the supermarket.

I don't doubt they're goth (and I don't doubt you're goth!) but on a scale of zero to goth, I'll bet they're about a 7 in their daily lives, whereas at the festival they have a chance to go to 11. bite

I think we all scale back at times, and flaunt at other times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Synth

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 578
More Numbers : 4401388
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: From the bizarre to the ridiculous: How music fans made a statement at the world's biggest Goth festival   Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:13 am

my friend is there and i am not -_- the poor synth, she mopes!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4544
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
More Numbers : 4495317

PostSubject: Re: From the bizarre to the ridiculous: How music fans made a statement at the world's biggest Goth festival   Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:41 pm

I really love this photo... The girl in the purple is wearing one hell of BEAUTIFUL outfit.!

Gemini Number of posts : 5252
: : Satan's cheerleader
More Numbers : 4499790

PostSubject: Re: From the bizarre to the ridiculous: How music fans made a statement at the world's biggest Goth festival   Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:13 pm

I love the photo of the girl with the ripped fishnets Cool
A future Helen gig outfit idea perhaps?

Actually I loved all of the photos because they showed just how diverse we are as a culture clap

Well, the Devil he taught us how to rock and then he turned us loose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From the bizarre to the ridiculous: How music fans made a statement at the world's biggest Goth festival   

Back to top Go down

From the bizarre to the ridiculous: How music fans made a statement at the world's biggest Goth festival
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1