HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mike Tyson's 4-year old daughter on life support after accidental hanging.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cynfullov
star member

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: :
More Numbers : 4540890
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: ~ R.I.P Exodus Tyson ~   Tue May 26, 2009 9:15 am

That's just so sad, so horrible. [Story Here]

I used to babysit some little ones whose mother had a whole gym set up in their basement. I was always paranoid about them even getting near the door that lead downstairs only because I was afraid they'd fall down the stairs. But I wouldn't have ever let them play around the equipment anyways. I was always afraid to let them out of my sight. :?

By AMANDA LEE MYERS, Associated Press Writer Amanda Lee Myers, Associated Press Writer – Tue May 26, 12:42 am ET
PHOENIX – Boxer Mike Tyson's 4-year-old daughter is on life support after she was found with her neck caught in a cord of a treadmill machine Monday, police said.

Exodus Tyson's 7-year-old brother found her on a treadmill with her neck in the cord that dangles from the console of the exercise machine at their Phoenix home, police Sgt. Andy Hill said, calling it a "tragic accident."

The boy told Exodus' mother, who was in another room. She took Exodus off the cord, called 911 and tried to revive her.

Responding officers and firefighters performed CPR on Exodus as they rushed her to a nearby hospital, where she was in "extremely critical condition" and on life support, Hill said.

"Somehow she was playing on this treadmill, and there's a cord that hangs under the console — it's kind of a loop," Hill said. "Either she slipped or put her head in the loop, but it acted like a noose, and she was obviously unable to get herself off of it."

Hill said former heavyweight champion Tyson had been in Las Vegas but flew to Phoenix immediately after learning of the accident. Police didn't release the girl's name.

Tyson could not immediately be reached for comment but 42West, a New York City public relations firm representing him, released a statement on the family's behalf.

"The Tyson family would like to extend our deepest and most heartfelt thanks for all your prayers and support, and we ask that we be allowed our privacy at this difficult time," the statement said.

Brief footage from local TV station KTVK showed Tyson arriving at the hospital in a white button-up and black pants, and looking around with a frown before going inside.

Hill said everything in the investigation pointed to an accident. "There's nothing in the investigation that revealed anything suspicious," he said.

He added that responding to calls involving children is an officer's most difficult duty.

"Those are the things that stay with you in your career," he said. "We always hope for a miracle — not to have the worst happen to a child."

This just isn't a public awareness notice for thoses that have little kids. Some of us may know others that do have kids and passing this information along could prevent such an incident from happening again. And don't forget pets! Sometimes they can get into as dangerous situations as people babies. [X][X] Check that twice!

sad or frown I hope she'll be ok.

Last edited by cynfullov on Thu May 28, 2009 1:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedAngel
star member

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
More Numbers : 4309905
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tyson's 4-year old daughter on life support after accidental hanging.   Tue May 26, 2009 2:58 pm

I hope she pulls through, too. I can't stand her dad, but I hope she can recover from this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
More Numbers : 4575938
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tyson's 4-year old daughter on life support after accidental hanging.   Tue May 26, 2009 3:59 pm

I'm not a fan of Mike either but that poor little girl.

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
More Numbers : 4574633

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tyson's 4-year old daughter on life support after accidental hanging.   Tue May 26, 2009 5:19 pm

I feel really sorry for the little one and I truly hope she pulls through despite the fact that I loathe her bullying coward of a father.

I do have to ask though, why was she allowed to play around equipment like that and why was nobody keeping an eye on her? Kids can do a million things in the blink of an eye and you cant afford to take your eyes off them

Well, the Devil he taught us how to rock and then he turned us loose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDarkHippie

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 1101
More Numbers : 4243451
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tyson's 4-year old daughter on life support after accidental hanging.   Tue May 26, 2009 6:42 pm

Don't even know who Tyson is, but I hope his lil girl is okay!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/joanestabrook#/profile.php?id=757050283&
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
More Numbers : 4575938

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tyson's 4-year old daughter on life support after accidental hanging.   Tue May 26, 2009 8:48 pm

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
More Numbers : 4583324

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tyson's 4-year old daughter on life support after accidental hanging.   Tue May 26, 2009 8:53 pm

That's awful.
Poor Exodus.I'm so sorry for what her family must be going through right now.

@themorrigan1972
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tyson's 4-year old daughter on life support after accidental hanging.   Tue May 26, 2009 8:58 pm

Poor little girl.

As Mrs. D said, where was the supervision? especially around gym equipment? I think there might be child neglect coming.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
More Numbers : 4309905
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tyson's 4-year old daughter on life support after accidental hanging.   Tue May 26, 2009 8:59 pm

Oh no.... the poor little girl! sad or frown fairy (<--- closest thing to an angel I could find)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
cynfullov
star member

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
More Numbers : 4540890
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: R.I.P Exodus Tyson   Thu May 28, 2009 12:45 am

R.I.P Exodus Tyson

Last edited by cynfullov on Thu May 28, 2009 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Succubus
supernova

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
More Numbers : 4427369
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tyson's 4-year old daughter on life support after accidental hanging.   Thu May 28, 2009 9:14 am

Its sad when anyone loses a child. R.I.P Exodus Tyson may those that are your family remember the happy times of your childhood and the smiles that you brought to their faces. Sweet dreams lil angel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tyson's 4-year old daughter on life support after accidental hanging.   Thu May 28, 2009 7:47 pm

In 1989, Tyson was granted an Honorary Doctorate in Humane Letters from Central State University in Ohio.

Not an animal:Just the greatest fighter of our generation.Malik Abdul Aziz remains a misunderstood entity.

I only write this post to defend the guy;I am not happy to comment on his loss;it is not my place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tyson's 4-year old daughter on life support after accidental hanging.   

Back to top Go down

Mike Tyson's 4-year old daughter on life support after accidental hanging.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1